This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStars impossible rounds

• beavisbg
      beavisbg
      Basic
      Hi everyone. I just want to post my last Sit&Go tournament. I lost in 3 hands. First one - pair of Aces. On the flop there's the third Ace. We are all in pre-flop, the other guy is JQ and on the flop... 4 spades, I have 3 aces, he got flush.
      Two hands later I get KK, on the flop there's, of course, Ace... but noone has Ace, I'm beated with pair of 7, because there's third 7 on the river...haha
      Three hands later - my last one, I get 77, go all in and of course there's a pair of aces in other player.
      Three pairs in 8 hands and I'm off... haha
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Typical case of variance in 1 SNG. Hopefully you will run better in the next couple of SNG’s.
      Further I would recommend to Introduce yourself! Than we know you a little bit better.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i guess its certainly possible since it happened to you
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      It is perfectly normal at Pokerstars. I would have been surprised had any of those hands actually held.
    • JediMasterC
      JediMasterC
      Bronze
      Yep. For instance today is probably one of the most absurd days on poker stars for me. Really incredible amount of sets, especially on pocket pairs. Those 1 or 2 outers are dropping like flies. :f_ugly:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi all,
      Post these in "Hand of the Day"

But as others have said, these are pretty standard.

If AA wins 81% of the time (and it does -- check your database) then it loses 19% of the time. The problem is that a HUGE part of the time that it wins, all you get are the blinds. You notice when you win or lose a stack (or a tournament).

The funny thing is that very very rarely does anyone complain about PokerStars (or any other room) when they hit their one-outer straight flush. Because to hit 1 card out of 46 means it MUST be rigged.

<sigh>
      VS