Play Sunday Million or not, won a ticket via a satellite?

• grimpop
      grimpop
      Gold
      Hi!

I've been playing poker since 2011 and today I played a 11$ satellite to the Sunday Million and I got a ticket to the tournament now. The question is, I'm not sure if i should play or not, my bankroll is at 110$ and I have never won anything big in tournaments before, just smaller amounts. Now I'm thinking if I maybe should play this tournament or not and play other cheaper tournaments?

Do you have any suggestions, and what should you have done?
  • 8 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      imo, if you have no experience in playing vs somewhat decent opponents, don't play. Keep it to boost your bankroll.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Also you should check first if the site allows you to unregister and collect the entrée fee.
      I know some sites where regulars play many satellites and cash extra tickets.
      Reason being satellites will be softer I expect.
      :-)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Well done with winning the satellite :appl:

I would unregister and use the $T to build up my bankroll, because if you do that you have a better change on long run to get faster a bigger bankroll on the micro stakes MTT’s and SNG’s and those games are softer than the Sunday Million. Also you spread your changes, because in Sunday Million you will cash approximately 1/5 times.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GoOnCal1
      Also you should check first if the site allows you to unregister and collect the entrée fee.
      I know some sites where regulars play many satellites and cash extra tickets.
      Reason being satellites will be softer I expect.
      :-)
      PokerStars lets you get the T$ if you unregister.
    • Thiamtan
      Thiamtan
      Bronze
      hi i take T$ if i can if i have only $110 in bankroll fore more bigger chanse to make that more good and if you play $11 turnament only count how many you can play fore free fore that 215 = 19 and you have little left and still have the $110 left :f_pleased:

but good luck what you do
    • julito23
      julito23
      Bronze
      200% boost to your bankroll, take it dude.
    • unknownx13
      unknownx13
      Bronze
      If poker is your main source of income(highly doubt it) then ofcourse you should take T$,otherwise its ok to take a shot and with a little bit of luck ship some serious money :yaoming:
      And don't worry about the field,its ridiculously soft in SM,if you beat 11$ fields,you will be fine.
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Gold
      Hi again,

Thanks for all the advices! I've been considering all the information and I've decided to take the tournament money for now and play more tournaments with smaller buyins. Like you said Thiamtan, I can play like 19 sunday storms instead, however it's a bigger field, but I don't think I'm quite ready for sunday million yet so I will let the tournament money be for now and I have unregisterd. I had already signed up for the 11$ sunday storm today but I busted and just got out only 1 hour after, so I think it's the right decision for now.