Beat FL20 winrate: 8,79bb/100 Level up? Help

• GussGuss
      GussGuss
      Bronze
      Im new on ".com", before I played ".es"... I have struggled to adapt the first hands, as the level of play is greater than .com, but now I feel very comfortable. The sample is very small, but, You think that I can level up (0.25/0.50$)?

Obviously I've had a run above average, but, recommend me playing more hands or level up? I am in favor of playing more hands on FL20...

You think that there is much difference between FL20 and FL50?

Hands: 13,5K
      Winrate: 8,79bb/100 -> + 120$
      Bank: 300$

Thank you for your contributions!
  • 7 replies
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      300$ is ok for 0.25/.5, your knowledge is a question, and the answer is not what you think. Don't overestimate the importance of your graph, you could run 5BB/100 on a 10k sample and lack the knowledge for the stake, or -5BB/100 and have it. In general samplessize for a true winrate starts over a few houndred thousand hands. 40-50k ups or downs are not unusual, although at low levels the variance is also lower due to the vast number of fish who play there.

I'd say the 0.25/.5 is where the game starts to get gradually tougher. It's still a fishpond, but there are a lot of grinders who immediately jump on the fish. So this is where the fish:reg ratio starts shifting towards regs. On 0.5/1 I think you find more regs than fish on almost any table.

But you can always take a shot, and if you don't feel comfortable you can always move back to 0.1/0.2. Just be able to move down, don't chase your money if you lose otherwise you may end up losing your roll.
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      I think your bankroll is O.K. for taking a shot but if you lose you must have the discipline to move back down.
      Ideally you should have a bank roll of 10+ buy-ins in order to play comfortably.
      Therefore in order to have a bankroll that warrants playing .25/50 NL your bankroll should be a minimum of $500.
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      I forgot to add that I only move up in limits when my bankroll is a minimum of 20 buy-ins ($1,000 for .25/.50).
      I may be overly cautious but having 20-30 buy-in ($1,000-$1,500 for .25/.50) is a very comfortable bankroll which takes the pressure off of having to win. That way you can play your A-game without any undo pressure.
      For blinds of .50/1.00 I need a bankroll of $2,000.
      To be perfectly honest I still like to play .10/.25 blinds and I have close to $2,000 in my accounts right now. But that is just me.
      I like to be over rolled for the stakes I am playing so that a downturn in play/luck does not affect my mindset.
      Bronze
      TheMarxBros3 - this is for Fixed Limit not No Limit
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avataren
      I know but it is still a good rule to use.
      I play a lot of pot-limit Omaha, so getting a buy-in in, in one hand is not hard to do, and like I stated before I would rather be over-rolled then under-rolled.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheMarxBros3
      Originally posted by Avataren
      I know but it is still a good rule to use.
      I play a lot of pot-limit Omaha, so getting a buy-in in, in one hand is not hard to do, and like I stated before I would rather be over-rolled then under-rolled.
      The thing is we don't use buyins as a method of bankroll management, we use BigBets or BB and our OP uses bb/100 because he doesn't know this yet :) In Fixed Limit we can maximum get 12BB in per hand, which is $1.20 on 5/Tc or $6 on 25/50c.. I agree being overrolled is a good comfortable thing, I do that myself because im a br nit. But when you say 20 - 30 buyins we say 500BB or 1000BB as a good bankroll management to have. It was just that.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      To OP: While 13.5k is a very small sample, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that you are a losing player at $0.10/$0.20 if you have 9BB/100. But this is not your true win-rate (you HAVE been lucky, very lucky). But by all means, take a shot at $0.25/$0.50.