:: Life Of A Micro/Small Stakes MTT Grinder ::

• ampm93
      ampm93
      Bronze
      Hey guys! I'm new here! My english is not the best, sorry for that!

I'm 21, I'm from Coimbra, Portugal. I study in this beautiful city and I have two passions, football and poker.

I started playing in 2011 without much succes, and after starting to read and see some information available on the net Istarted to be profitable in 2013. I have been through all formats but I fixed myself in mtts where I feel that this is my beach (Portuguese expression, not sure if its standard in another countries). I have much to develop my game and so I created this blog in order to discuss some hands / situations / whatever and also to help those who are starting and who need to have that hint.

Writing more about concrete objectives ...

At this time, I play pretty much everything between $ 0.82 1k gtd and the hot 7.5. I have no problem playing 16-20 tables, and I do sessions of 10 12 hours if it necessary.

In the short term I have the will to establish myself and play everything in the range 4-12 $.

I do not make long-term plans, as that in poker there are too many variables that in one moment everything can change. Obviously, I have my "poker dreams" but they are not my focus for now. Step by step.

Anyone who knows me from the tables post something here to talk a bit, I play with the nick ampm93.

Big Hug,

Ampm93
  • 7 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Nice that you started with a blog :f_thumbsup:

I expect you mean MTT (Multi table tournaments) in the title.
      I play football (soccer) myself as goalkeeper. On with position you play on the field?

Further I wish you all the best to grind the micro stakes tournaments :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ampm93
      ampm93
      Bronze
      Yep, multi table tournaments. I play as a center midlefier .

Thanks for replying, hope to see you here more times!
    • ampm93
      ampm93
      Bronze
      Grind calendar for this week:
      - Friday from 21h 30+ MTTS +-140$ investment
      - Saturday from 21h 30+ MTTS +-140$ investment

I must not play until Friday because I have an exam on Thursday and I need to study. Thursday night is academic night and I usally go out to drink some beer, so today I will stack a friend who also plays the same level as me, sometimes he ask me to stack him. Usually we do 50/50 session which should be around $ 60 investment for each. I trust him 100%, and he is a very competent player.

Tomorrow I will post here how it was.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by ampm93
      Yep, multi table tournaments. I play as a center midlefier .

Thanks for replying, hope to see you here more times!
      Than I have changed MMT in to MTT in your title. You can edit your title if you go to the top of this thread and click on ‘edit’

So you must have a decent condition to play on the midfield. I don’t think I can handle it for 90 minutes. Do you play on a decent level or you play recreational football like me?
    • ampm93
      ampm93
      Bronze
      It's just recreational but yeah it's not easy to play 90 minutes at the same level and I'm not that big guy with a lot of strength. Classic Portuguese midlefier, short, good feet and vision of the game eheh
    • ampm93
      ampm93
      Bronze

Hey guys, today was established the rules in our Republic Diary that we are an regulated open market and players don't have to pay taxes.
      Anyone here that play professional poker must watch this video.

• SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I think it’s not specific for poker players, but video is nice:f_thumbsup:
      Maybe I will go there in the future for holiday.
      Originally posted by ampm93
      It's just recreational but yeah it's not easy to play 90 minutes at the same level and I'm not that big guy with a lot of strength. Classic Portuguese midlefier, short, good feet and vision of the game eheh
      Good to know. Hopefully your team is doing it well this season.
      My team is 3rd now of 11 teams with 3 matches to go.