BB ($24.45)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 9 players) Hero is UTG T: T:
      Hero raises to $2, 4 folds, Korpisoturi3 calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: K: K: :4c: ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, Korpisoturi3 calls $3

Turn: :9d: ($10.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Korpisoturi3 checks

River: :6s: ($10.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, Korpisoturi3 bets $10.75, Hero raises to $11.55, Korpisoturi3 calls $0.80

[Results Hidden]

Bad call on the river? Since he played call/call/check i did not put him on any hand that could beat me, i was thinking something like a big ace.

his stats were VPIP-10, PFR-4, AF-4.7, usually agressive postflop.
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      I would push turn actually, but I think if you decide to check the turn you have to fold the river because his line looks like a slowplayed king to me, OR he called you pfr with a pocketpair that hit a set on either street. Basically I don't feel he puts you all in (basically) on the river with anything that you beat.
    • Gerv
      Hello Elhh82

I like to know your motivation why you raise T:dT from A) UTG and B) with a 32BB stack? TT ain't a great hand with 8 people left to go. Please reply on this post and press the 'Let the judge have a look at your hand again-button'

As played I would push the Turn as a 2nd barrel or delay your 2nd barrel on the River when he checks behind.

I push the River because I think the check-behind on the Turn shows weakness and the River is a total blank. But you can as always make the c/c OOP to induce a bluffbet on the River so that's ok too :) .

- Gerv
    • Nunki
      Looking at this players nitty stats I'd put him on AK/mid-PP+ after his flop call. I doubt he peels with AQ or worse. In which case villain's range is just too strong for us to bet again unless we strongly suspect that villain will always fold all PP's<=QQ (not 99) providing he plays enough of them.

As played though, most nitty villains will c/behind river w/marginal_SD_hands rather than be "smart" enough to turn them into bluffs. I'd credit this villain with a pretty strong hand here and fold. If he indeed turned 77/88/random-trash into a bluff here then power to him. I'd need some sort of additional read to call.

Stacksizes/board texture make this an OK spot for villain to slow-play IMO.
    • elhh82
      i bet with TT at UTG (UTG+1 technically coz one seat was empty), because i tot the table was really really tight at that point, VPIP - 12/PFR - 3 and was going to throw away my hand if i get reraised preflop or on the flop. Plus i was one position away from the usual raising position (based on the advanced SSS chart - from the German Gold forum)

in retrospect, i think i should've folded on the river too, the river bet was a bit too strong for me to call. Probably only called it because i was winding up my session and had some profit at that point, plus i had been pushed off my hand with big turn/river bets that session a few times.