New limits!

• Arzapy
      Arzapy
      Bronze
      This week I started to play Nl5. It is my impression or regs are much better? defending more bttn and blinds, 3bet and 4bet fold more often. Well I´ve had a terrible downswing, trips versus trips, overpair vs trips, trips vs flush and some other. Really made me think that I was a huge fish while playing, show you my graph.

• 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Congrats on beating nl2! But given that you are just moving to nl5 of course you will have some areas in your game where you are leaking money. Even the fact that you are worried about getting coolered tells that. Being coolered is part of poker and you just can't stop that from happening. What you can do is just work on your game more and improve. Instead of posting a graph why not post some hands instead?

You are down 2 BI over 10k hands... that is not a downswing my friend... that is completely normal. If you get it in with AK preflop a few times your EV line will often look like this, and add that to a couple of coolers and you have your EV line. It doesn't mean you are in a downswing. My suggestion is to post some hands for feedback :)

Try not to think about downswings and consider that your game needs improvement. The better your winrate, the less variance negatively affects you.
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Don't worry, good news is that the difference between NL5 and NL10 is tiny, so once you get used to the game and start winning you will have to adjust less when you move up to NL10
    • baghi
      baghi
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerPPP
      Don't worry, good news is that the difference between NL5 and NL10 is tiny, so once you get used to the game and start winning you will have to adjust less when you move up to NL10
      The funny thing is that I beat NL4 but I have problems maintaining myself at NL10 :f_frown: But I'll do it, eventually :D