[NL2-NL10] NL5 AK out of position

• Tomohawked
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.86) Q:spade: , Q:heart: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.52, BU calls $0.52.

Turn: ($1.90) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52.

River: ($2.94) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $2.94

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (As Ks)
      BU shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Js Jh)

BU wins with two pairs, queens and jacks (Js Jh)

I c-bet the flop and then c/called the turn as I had more outs. Should I have folded the turn? Incase a flush card hits but makes the Villain a FH

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , 9:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 6 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.06) T:diamond: , 9:spade: , Q:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, UTG1 calls $0.04, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.14) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks.

River: ($0.14) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.14, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.28

Thanks in advance for the feedback
  • 3 replies
    • AcessUP
      on the first, a definite fold on the turn. he most likely has a pair and paying him off

and on the second, good fold
    • dallievas
      1)Preflop is ok.On flop you do cbet but make it bigger -at least 2/3 pot size,in this particular case even 3/4 pot size if you want to show to opp that you are protecting your hand.Another thing you should think a bit about opps range even in NL2(can he hold hands like AQ,OJ,suited connectors in 3bet pot-is he loose or tight).Because to do bets in 3bet pot is very expensive.
      On turn your situation is better because you have more outs-fd+gutshot+maybe oc can count here.I think you can bet here at least 1/2 pot size (all in if you committed) or go in very safe way and c/f,calling is not an option for me because if you have normal stack,you will be committed on river anyway.Aggression wins sometimes. :D next time show stack sizes,pls.
      2) I don't like this hand.Bet pot flop,you have oesd+pair.On turn you hit one of you outs-2 pairs so who you 're checking here,you should protect your hand and bet.Of course opp can have straight but you can fold to a raise or you have ous for fh or the same straight too. On river usually you should fold because every K
      beats you but not every time.If you know that opp is bad and can bet (bluff ) with pp,Ax,busted fd,bluff dangerous boards,you can cal reasonable bet.Not every time you should win to be profitable.In your situation to check on turn and induce bluff,call river is not option because of too much draws on board.
      Good luck.
    • Kaitz20
      1) I´d b/c turn.
      You have fold equity against middle pp-s and if you hit your flush or K/A, then you can probably shove for value.
      2) Since pot is small and you ahve two pair, I´d keep him honest and c/c river.