tilt

• 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey niekadanelaimiu,

Well hello to you too. :f_drink: But can you tell us a little more? Like what games and limits do you like to play? We should be able to link you to some material specific to your game type and limit. :s_thumbsup:

Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask. :f_grin:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      hi dude, good luck at the tables, best of luck
    • ProfetuN1
      ProfetuN1
      Bronze
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      hi dude, good luck at the tables, best of luck
    • RiNaTi
      RiNaTi
      Bronze
      Hello
      How do I avoid the tilt?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey RiNaTi,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

Believe me, it's not easy. I've had a fair few brushes with tilt over the years but thanks to Jared Tendler's marvellous book "The Mental Game of Poker", I have had it pretty much under control for the last 18 months.

What games and limits do you play?

Have fun

Laz
    • Post removed

• arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Do you mean losing your temper and getting upset? Or do you mean going mental after a bad beat and shoving all-in preflop with trash holdings?

I never ever go mental and shove all-in preflop with trash holdings. I do get upset though, after some moron calls my 3-bet with 8 and 4 off and flops a straight.:f_ugly:

If I start to get upset, and it happens a lot, I stop playing until I calm down. But no matter how upset I get, I never ever start shoving preflop with garbage. Although I have shoved AA KK QQ because of the donkeys calling with trash. This is a tilt leak I need to plug because by shoving and getting everyone to fold I'm missing out on value.