This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

tilt

• 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey niekadanelaimiu,

Well hello to you too. :f_drink: But can you tell us a little more? Like what games and limits do you like to play? We should be able to link you to some material specific to your game type and limit. :s_thumbsup:

Where are you from? In fact, why don't you get yourself added to our Member map. You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask. :f_grin:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      hi dude, good luck at the tables, best of luck
    • ProfetuN1
      ProfetuN1
      Bronze
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      hi dude, good luck at the tables, best of luck
    • RiNaTi
      RiNaTi
      Bronze
      Hello
      How do I avoid the tilt?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey RiNaTi,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

Believe me, it's not easy. I've had a fair few brushes with tilt over the years but thanks to Jared Tendler's marvellous book "The Mental Game of Poker", I have had it pretty much under control for the last 18 months.

What games and limits do you play?

Have fun

Laz
    • Post removed

• arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Do you mean losing your temper and getting upset? Or do you mean going mental after a bad beat and shoving all-in preflop with trash holdings?

I never ever go mental and shove all-in preflop with trash holdings. I do get upset though, after some moron calls my 3-bet with 8 and 4 off and flops a straight.:f_ugly:

If I start to get upset, and it happens a lot, I stop playing until I calm down. But no matter how upset I get, I never ever start shoving preflop with garbage. Although I have shoved AA KK QQ because of the donkeys calling with trash. This is a tilt leak I need to plug because by shoving and getting everyone to fold I'm missing out on value.