[NLH] cash NL2 -> NL?

• AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Day 0
      Hello everybody!
      My name Asija. I'm 25, living in Ukraine (so sorry for my bad english).
      I'm new to a poker :f_smile: . I play on Pokerstars. My nickname is same as here. Start playing no limit holdem cash just a month ago. As I watch some VODs and coaching here at PokerStrategy, I know coaches says that is good to make own blog. It helps in self discipline and study. So I proffer you to make a big move with me. Just for now my objective is to beat microlimits.
      I have started from NL2 and BR $75 and try to move up.
      I will post here my poker sessions and some life moments. I hope we can make some productive and interesting discussions.

Here is my graph for now (05/05/2015):

Almost got $100 BR but awfull downstreak last 3 session and again i returned to $75.
      But todays session is good and now I'm $85.
      Can take +$2 more, but last hand had a cooler:

video

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.45
      UTG2:
      $4.33
      MP1:
      $2.02
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.01
      MP3:
      $2.09
      CO:
      $1.03
      BU:
      $2.05
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7, 7.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, BB calls $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08.

UTG2 is 35/5 VPIP/PFR, quite a fishy, so I decide to raise 4bb + 1 bb for limper. Its 10c. BB and UTG (after limp) calls (wtf?).

Flop: ($0.31) K, 2, 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $0.44, Hero raises to $1.91, UTG2 calls $1.47.

at this flop, due to their check, i decide to Cbet as I was Preflop agressor. 1 fold. And oppenent raise me. As I think it could be any flushdro, maybe AK, maybe AA. So I push. As I saw after it was a trap. Or not a trap but bad play from fish? How do u think?

Turn: ($4.13) K (2 players)

River: ($4.13) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.13.
      Results follow:

UTG2 shows four of a kind, kings(K K).
      Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of kings(7 7).

UTG2 wins with four of a kind, kings(K K).

or maybe it was a mistake and i should fold my hand? how do u think?
  • 13 replies
    • KannabisFury
      KannabisFury
      Basic
      Hey, I have the same problem. Some days win a lot and then the next loose a lot, lol. Hopefully someone could shed some light on our predicament. I don't think its possible to move up limits playing 2nl-5nl. When AA loose to bad hands it hurts...
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Definitely NEVER fold that hand - you have the second nuts :D This is just a cooler.

KannabisFury, I recently found some money in an account and started grinding nl2 for the fun and the players are making all kinds of mistakes. It is very possible to move up playing nl2-nl5. Just study the game, post hands and practice. Take notes on everone at your table as well and consider how to exploit their mistakes.

Take notes on the following:
      - bet sizing
      - how they play mid-strength hands (do they bet or play them passively?)
      - what does a donkbet mean for them?
      - do they snapfold flops or float? An easy way to spot this is to cbet a 522r flop and see if they fold. If they snap fold then they most likely don't float much so you can cbet almost any hand against them and expect reasonable fold equity.

That should be pretty insightful if you play just a couple of tables at a time you can really own people by taking notes.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello AsijaGromova

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

Nice that you started a blog :f_thumbsup:

If you want to show pictures in your blog you should be a bronze member. The easiest way to be that is to use 1 of our free money offers on a poker room you don’t have a account yet.

Further I wish you all the best to beat the micro stakes cash games and a pleasant time on our forum.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Day 1
      Thank you all for comment. Thank you DrDunne for advices. It really matter fo me :)
      Today is pretty bad day.
      First half of the day I spent trying to setup SideKick. It dont want to work with PokerStars at all. Trying to change timezones, reinstall, run with admin privileges. Spent a lot of time but no effect.
      Result of a day: 1k hands and only +$0.9

Trying to use PokerStrategy starting hands chart, so saved a lot of money. I really liked this chart.
      Realise that I play AQ hands very badly. Just dont know what to do with them, so basicaly just folded them.
      Here are some strange hands:
      1. JJ IP in raised pot with flop A donk
      2. BU AQs preflop with limp-3bet?
      3. preflop QQ IP with 3bet?
      4. pocket 77 OOP that makes OESD on flop
      Any ideas about this hands?

Also today i read that I must have correct goal, not just "NL?". So I choose my goals.

Goals for end of May 2015:
      1. beat NL2 (get $125 to start NL5) to June
      2. play at least 1k hand per day (so its almost 25-30k in month)
      3. not to loose my chrome status on PokerStars (get 100 FPP)
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Day 2
      Todays hours played: 3
      Todays studying hours: 3
      Todays hands played: 972
      Today profit: +$2.9
      Todays graph:

So today I spent something about 3 hours to read articles about postflop playing and looks like understand some sthings I doing wrong.
      After that trying to play according to new information and u can see my graph.
      Had 2 coolers witch crush down my winrate for today.
      First one was when I hit set 222 on flop and faced set of AAA :f_ugly:
      And second one when my set of TTT and opp set of 666 facing flush-draw on turn and river hits a flush. Sadly.:f_mad:
      But now I know I played right, so its dont matter.

Friend adviced me to not playing all 7 days at week and make some rest-days. So it mean I must play more hands in other days. Well, alright.

Its a short and quick summary of the day. There are no interesting hands that I want to highlight. So its all for today.

a bit update:
      cant say thanks in hand discussion threads, so I'll do it here. Thank you nitrol, Alleen86, Zanardi1, VaskataBuci, GoOnCal1, CryingAce :f_thumbsup: Your advices makes me better. I hope some day we will seat at same table at high-limits :f_biggrin: :f_cool:
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Day 3
      Hours played: 4
      Studying hours: 0
      Hands played: 1.6k
      Today profit: +$3
      Today graph:

Today I play a lot. My eyes now are red. I had two sessions, 2 hours each. Not so many interesting hands today. Few coolers as usual: set to set on flop. I read that I will have such situations (set vs set on flop) 1 in 960 hands, and around 50% of time i I would have a top set, so its ok.
      Today I compare last month and this month in my PokerTracker 4. I'm down to 14/10 VPIP/PFR from 25/18, so I start playing more tight. It makes my game more straight (cuz of not so much dispersion).
      Just one hand I want to discuss: KK vs A on river. Can we fold?
      Tommorow is a holiday. 9th of May. So I will take a rest-day. Read some books, meet friends. I guess no reports for tommorow.
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Days 4-5
      Day of memory and 9th of May. Taking a rest. Reading book "3 monkeys tavern" by Juan Bas (not sure about book title, in original it sounds "La taberna de los 3 monos"). I recommend it to you, if you dont read it yet. It's only 130 pages, so it is for 2 hours. 14 different stories, where main theme is poker.
      It is good to take a rest, clear your minds for a good mental health :f_ugly:

Day 6
      Hours played: 4 hours in 1 session
      Hands played: 1.9k
      Today profit: +$7.5
      Today graph:

As usual, can be better, but AA<AT. But there was my fail. I bet small so opp call and he get second T on turn.
      I realised that I can play more tables, so today I added 2 more and play 6 tables. Also Im not tired and somehow play 4 hours in a row. So its a new record for me :s_cool:
      As conclusion I can say, that rest have a positive impact on my game. When tired - dont play, go rest and relax.
    • lixinfinito
      lixinfinito
      Bronze
      gl bro
      Seems that you're doing really fine. Soon you get to NL5
      How many tables you play at once?
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Thank you lixinfinito! Now Im playing 6 tables at once. I feel like I can play more, but I have only 22" monitor and If I open more they become so small that I can see anything :f_eek: Btw I need to see all tables because I like to make notes who and how played hands, so for now its only tiles layout is good for me.

and now to the day report:

Day 7
      Hours played: 3 hours in 1 session
      Hands played: 1.1k
      Today profit: +$2
      Today graph:

Not really a good session today. From the begining I lost money in a couple hands that played wrong and thats where tilt comes. But my stoploss was not reached yet (for me it is 2bi/$4). I played and tilt taking affect, I just wait to reach stoploss and go read some articles. But suddenly I have JJ on MP:
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 101.5 BB
      MP: 151.5 BB
      Hero (MP+1): 195.5 BB
      CO: 101 BB
      BTN: 102.5 BB
      SB: 105 BB
      BB: 109 BB
      UTG: 165.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, UTG+1 calls 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (13.5 BB, 4 players) T:heart: J:heart: 8:diamond:
      UTG bets 6.5 BB, UTG+1 raises to 20 BB, Hero raises to 192.5 BB and is all-in, CO calls 98 BB and is all-in, fold, UTG+1 calls 78.5 BB and is all-in

Turn: (315 BB, 3 players) 9:diamond:

River: (315 BB, 3 players) A:heart:

UTG+1 shows T:club: T:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
      Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks)
      CO shows 8:club: 8:heart: (Three of a Kind, Eights)

Hero wins 304 BB

Its just a miracle, that opponents havent street- or flush-draw. :f_thumbsup:
      So I play few more hands and decide to close session for today.
      Rummy day.
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Day 8
      Hours played: 7 hours in 3 session
      Hands played: 2666
      Today profit: -$10

HEAVY TILT!
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Day 9
      Hours played: 5 hours in 3 session (12 tables)
      Hands played: 3k
      Today profit: -$8 (EV: +$6)

WTF is going on?!

Tilt? Downstreak? Or what?
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      small review:
      I played only 9 days. What I expected? That Im beat nl2 in 10k hands? or 20k? In case Im not even a regular poker player, Im just started. So I'm calm down and will take 1 day relax. No poker at all, even dont read articles. :f_confused:
    • AsijaGromova
      AsijaGromova
      Basic
      Monthly report #1
      My mountains:

Okay. Day report is too much. I will make a monthly and maybe weekly reports.
      Since I have downswing I'm tilt a lot. And seems like project "poker" is nearly to close for me. When I'm playing last 20k hands its like cooler-cooler-cooler-cooler... When its AA on my bb - all table just instafold, even guys with stats 98/0 and 80/20. And if someone call my 3Bets they just insta-hit set on flop. So f**k it! I spent a lot time of play poker and a lot of analyse my game and review hands. I will play one month more and will see if result will be the same. I read a lot, i learn a lot, but things like coolers all the time just make me mentally insane. 90 hours, 30k hands in month, and result is f**ing +$9???
      I look at others graphs. And I cant get in, HOOOW DO THEY BEAT NL2 IN 10K HANDS? WTF?! :f_eek: