I'm feeling Broken lol

• AkameChan012
      AkameChan012
      Bronze
      :f_mad:
      So to just be brief , I was playing Pokerstars micro limit $1.10 6 max Tourney . I have a stack of 10k . 10 Minutes to end Registrations . Comes up with AA . Im behind the button . I player bets 4k preflop and obviously I call . He has JK . Flop comes 85T, Turn Q , River 9 . I mean I''m loooking and no no noooooooo . :O

next hand I come up with JK .. Some bet 600 odd , Flop comes TQ8 . I bet my remaining stack 6k . The same guy calls . Guess what he has and what comes .. Turn comes K , River comes 8 .. The guy is holding AA . I raged and shouted , ultimately I felt tired . I don't wanna play Poker .
  • 11 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      This looks more like a bad beat story than hands I can give good feedback on.
      What kind of feedback you want on both hands you just described?

Further I recommend you check the thread How to use the hand discussion forums first before you post a hand next time. Than you know how to post a hand the appropriate way on our hand discussion boards.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      If you don't have love for the game, then you shouldn't play it.

But if you absolutely must play it, I suggest a less tilting format, like mid stack strategy cash games or SNGs.
    • AkameChan012
      AkameChan012
      Bronze
      well its not like I don't wanna play ever . I just didn't feel like playing after that . Yeah , thanks for the tip , I'm trying out SnG's now . The situation there is this , I reach the late stages , just before ITM sometimes 2nd or 3rd in FT and then I loose my cool .. from chip lead to zero . This has happened a number of times . Any tips for that ?

Thanks
      Akamechan
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Maybe smart to tell what kind of MTT SNG’s your playing now, because than I can help you better.
      I have also moved your thread to the normal tournament board, because we don’t discuss about a hand now.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • AkameChan012
      AkameChan012
      Bronze
      I'm playing the 180 players $1 MTT SnG, 45 Players $1.50 MTT SnG.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      You should probably try playing smaller fields, like 9-man and 18-man turbo SNGs,maybe 27-man regular speed. The variance is much lower than 180-man SNGs.
    • AkameChan012
      AkameChan012
      Bronze
      I guess you're correct . I should fortify my mind to playing long hours if I do this to make any profit .
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      An other problem with the 45 and 180 mans is that the ICM at final table is complete different, because a 45 mans had a flat paid out structure and 180 mans is top heavy. So than you need to have a complete different approach at the same time if you play them both at the same time.

If I was you can better start with learning 1 game at the same time. Than you can learn the particle game better than if you need to learn more SNG formats at the same time.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • AkameChan012
      AkameChan012
      Bronze
      Thanks SDK,
      I guess its gonna be one game at a time . I'll take u advice and play one until i get some experience in .
    • aymanas
      aymanas
      Basic
      it is poker, you cannot change it, just don't look behind and go play 9 18 sngs because in mmt you need more luck to win.
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      About the bad beat, I feel your pain bro. But like someone once said to me, it will only get worse ;) . Just feel satisfied about making the right play there and if you still feel put off your game, just quit your session and focuss on other stuff untill you feel calm again and more importantly, feel like playing.

Note: The bigger the tournament the higher the variance will be, meaning you will have a harder time winning consistently on the bigger fields. You should stay playing the field you like, but it never hurts to try other formats.