MTT Summer Challenge

• U0T1L4
      U0T1L4
      Bronze
      HI! I'm a guy who played poker for living approximately 2 years. I played mostly NL50-200 but get bored to it and I wasn't winning enough. So I decided to start studying in Oulu University of applied sciences. This is my first year as a student and I still haven't been able to find a job yet because of the VERY poor job situation here in Oulu. Btw Oulu is in Finland and it's nice city otherwise :f_drink:

But let's get in to it. So this summer I decided to do some summer studies and earn some pocket moneys from MTT's.

The thing is that I have never played them properly so I really could need HELP from u guys. Even tough in the past I have been VERY successful while playing MTT's. My ROI is really crazy. But the thing where I need ur help is that I don't know how to begin my project. My broll will be max 400€

Things where I need help:
      [list]
      [*] In which rooms I should play? And on how many? How should I split my broll?
      [*] Which time I should begin my session?
      [*] Any tips for BRM
      [*] Is HEM1 still working properly?
      [*] Any other tips to consider for?

Thanks already and I'll update here how I am progressing. Graphs etc IF I ever manage to make my HEM working again... It will be a nightmare :f_mad:
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello U0T1L4

Nice that you started a MTT challenge :f_thumbsup:
      Originally posted by U0T1L4
      Things where I need help:
      • In which rooms I should play? And on how many? How should I split my broll?
        I recommend to check out the thread Choosing the right Poker Room for you! and fill up all questions. Than you get the best feedback.
      • Which time I should begin my session?
        I would play on times I have time to play and that will be for me in the European evening when the most players are online.
      • Any tips for BRM
        I recommend to use at least 300 buy-inns if you play MTT’s on PokerStars, because the playing fields are huge, but on other sites with less traffic you can use a little more aggressive BRM.
      • Is HEM1 still working properly?
        HM1 don’t get any support anymore, but it’s still possible it works still fine. If it’s not the case you could consider upgrading the software to HM2 or try HM2 and PokerTracker 4 first before you make a decision. Than you can find out with software you like the most.
      • Any other tips to consider for?
        I don’t know how much experience you have with MTT’s, but you can always check out the MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread of Asaban. There you can find useful information if you start playing tournaments.
      How is your challenge going since you started almost a week ago?
      Further I wish you all the best beating the MTT’s :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987