Pokerstars Automatic Check on Fold

• ShadeSeraph
      ShadeSeraph
      Basic
      (I'm like, 95% sure this is in the wrong place, but if so I'd be delighted to be redirected to somewhere useful.)

I recently downloaded the PokerStars desktop program, and just a couple games in as I attempted to fold it asked me if I truly wanted to do that, as I could just check without risk. Sure, why not? I told it to do that from now on and disabled the pop up.

Well now I'm playing in ZOOM games where folding a crappy hand allows you to quickly move on to a different table. Unfortunately, due to the settings I chose originally, I can't fold until I am also unable to check, forcing me to remain at the table with my 27o until someone places a bet.

I am entirely unable to find *anything* in the settings or tools menus allowing me to change that preference. Anyone able to help/direct me to something else that can?
  • 3 replies
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      Do you mean when you're in the big blind you cant quick fold? Yes that's forced by the software or else you'd be folding hands when people just limp in and you could see a free flop. You could think of one or two other reasons for it too.
    • ShadeSeraph
      ShadeSeraph
      Basic
      When in the big blind, yes. But also any time I'm able to check. In a normal game of poker it's obviously silly to fold when you don't have to pay anything to see the next card. But in ZOOM poker doing so allows you to immediately move on to a new table and hand, which is essentially the whole point of the game mode.
      I was allowed to do this when I initially downloaded the software, but not knowing of ZOOM poker at the time, I set it to Check instead, if possible, when I try to Fold. And now I see no way of changing this setting anywhere in the program.
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      There's a setting in pokerstars somewhere if you look for it.