Spin it : $3K to $12K challenge

• teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I decided to give myself a new challenge and having this blog is the easier way to keep track of it, but it will also help me improve faster on the new path i just started with Spin&Goes.

About me:

:spade: :heart: poker realted:diamond: :club:
      I started poker i think 7-8 years ago playing in home games we had in the campus I was living, but at that time it was just an hobby. In 2009 i started to play HU SNG Turbo where I grind up to 50 euro buy ins on IPN network for 1 year and after i moved to PokerStars where I played 180's up to 35$ for almost 2 years. In that period I was also a coach in Romanian community. Meanwhile I was promoted as education coordinator on that community , had 2 challenges at cash : from $50 to 1000$ on Ladbrokes (i think i was the 3rd or 4'th guy that complete it at that time, after had the 1000-10 000 challenge but I didn't manage to finish it because I move for almost a year in London at some friends and grind live games there (NL100/NL200, very soft games but never played higher because i didn't had the necessary bankroll for NL500 since the games where almost always very deep). Back in Romania after and I grind on-line cash NL50 SH/FR (also some NL100 but a quite short period) but seems that live game attract me more and almost all my spare time was still dedicated to it and I grind up to NL250 (that is the $ equivalent of NL1000 RON I played in Romania). Also for the moment I was promoted since December as poker school coordinator for the English community.
      For the past 2-3 months i started to have a personal live coach and after 6 meetings with him I come to the conclusion that I like to help other people but I don't like that much to help myself to improve above average. All this things I enumerate above I consider average things that I could achieve so far because it seems I never push myself to beat that average and treat personal things seriously as they deserved to be.
      So beside a personal challenge this blog is also a kick to myself to start doing things right and accord proper attention and dedication to poker since is the only thing where I want to excel so far.

:f_drink: non poker related:f_drink:
      -I like to: travel, party, watch movies, do sport (in the last year I got a bit lazy but I will recap for sure ), help people
      -I don't like liars and those who complains

Why Spin&Go:

I simply like the format and consider that beside cash here is the most value place to grind at the moment, the amount of weak players is huge. I also consider their strategy quite easy to master.

How I'm going to do it::fouet:

Grind::banana:

Platform: Pokerstars.eu
      Bankroll: $3000
      Starting Buy In: $15 for the beginning, even if my all time spins are around 1000 (I must confess the most of them where on the mobile played :D ) I consider that this is the limit where I should start since I have the necessary bankroll, the field is quite soft and I start to have a clue from what I study so far about this game :)
      Goal: to reach $60 buy in, I consider enough $12k bankroll to approach this stake where at the moment top hyper regulars plays it.
      Volume: the goal is 2000 spins/month at the beginning, but not sure if I manage to obtain it because for the moment I focus more on quality then quantity and play most of the time 1 table only. This means an average of 65spins/day which is quite hard to keep constant at 1 table since I also need to get enough free time to spend with my girlfriend,family and friends, all this beside the time that I invest already for PokerStrategy as a coordinator. But a balance between all this is not that hard to have, the results won't come that early but will come for sure :)

Study::pcuser:

At least 6 hours of study each week, meaning each day almost 1 hour dedicated to watch videos and get active in the SNG forum threads.

Until now I watch all coachings from Tim64, I subscribe the PrimordialAA twitch channel where he streams live spin&goes play and also acquire a $300 spin&go package from Coffeyay ( but not even half of it I studied so far :( )

So first step was done by opening this blog, from now on there is no way back :D in the following updates I'll share my evolution, the new things that I learn and hope to find the words and courage to share also other personal experiences that I will encounter from now on.
  • 56 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Subscribed and wishing you best of luck :)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Snap subbed! gl sir :f_drink:
    • aeusse
      aeusse
      Silver
      Hey friend good luck with this, i have my own spin challenge (Blog - Spin & Go, de $5 a $30 , spanish community); i think i will be playing $7 at end of this month or beggining of next, after that i consider i need huge more preparation to get into $15`s.

I have thought of buying coffeyay video course, and most probable is i buy this, i want to know what do you think about this and if it is worth its price.

:gl:
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Spin it!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey teddypoker,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Good luck with the Spin and Go's and your challenge :gl:
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Ty guys for the good wishes :)

@aeusse
      the package has 25 videos that cover all the positions strategy and for each spot has a Concept video followed by a Practical video. Some of the conceptual videos you can find them with redundant information but you need to follow them till the end to be able to see the bigger picture. It does't deliver you on a plate what ranges to play, but it shows you what adjustments you need to do from the HU nash equilibrium ranges and why so.
      From my point of view I consider only with this package you can beat games up to $30 quite easy (with the condition at $30 to use spinwiz and avoid other regs) The information in it is good but not super advance, more like medium imo, he go over population tendencies every time but when it pops up advance HU situation he makes references that he already did go in deeper details in other HU series that he has.
      One advice is not to play $5 ones, the rake is very big and to much money goes in the Jackpot, $3 ones for sure will bring you higher ROI. So for this low stakes to acquire it could be a very big investment from the bankroll, I suggest first to watch all Tim64 videos, to have a look in his dedicated thread for Spins: Tim64 Live Jackpot/Spin/Twister Coachings - Strategy & Live Play , and after you move at $7 and have a decent bankroll to acquire it to prepare for $15 and $30

I will also tell now a spot that i was doing wrong and find the answer in this video package.
      You are BB and the SB open, you defend and on the flop SB check. Here I was use to be aggressive like in the cash games and bet quite often vs miss cbet but at spins it seems that population tendencies OOP as PFR are to slow play quite a lot, thing that turn my bet vs miss cbet in a quite very -EV play. Checking back the flop and bet the turn to take the pot seems more profitable because you took more pots than on the flop with that bet. On the flop I will bet from now on only strong value hands :)
    • remy18
      remy18
      Basic
      Nice challenge, looking forward to your progress ( noroc la mese)!!
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Tx remy18 :)

So far in the last 2 days I was very busy with task for PokerStrategy, probably starting today I can focus more on spins and I'll update here all the new things that I will learn when I'm studying :)
    • BibiAhigh
      BibiAhigh
      Bronze
      What is spinwiz? Good luck with you challenge!
    • tacinho
      tacinho
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BibiAhigh
      What is spinwiz? Good luck with you challenge!
      http://www.spinandgowiz.com/

Whats your nick at stars?
      GL
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      @ BibiAhigh
      It's a software that almost all the regs use it and he basically creates a waiting list with all the people that is using it, allowing you to avoid other regs when you register. Under 15$ I don't think is the case to use it because the field of regs is quite soft and they make a lot of big mistakes posflop. Over I suggest to use it.
      @ tacinho
      Tx for the replying and help BibiAhigh.
      I prefer not to mention here under what alias I play since I have in mind to discuss a lot of lines that I take and ranges.
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Not that much volume in the last week, but yeah it was starting week and I was busy almost all of it with task at PokerStrategy and also had some guest over in the weekend, but one night manage to have some posflop discussions with a friend that he is playing MTT's about some spots SB vs BB similar in spins and mtt's.

Progress so far:

Main goal this week is to improve the volume, so far the sample is very very small to have any idea how profitable I'm currently playing :(
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      I play 1 table up to 2 when stacks at the first table become to shallow. So far like this since I started the challenge I manage to play 590 spins (less than I expected but can't complain that much ) . Because of this small sample I don't know for sure if I'm running hot or this is how I suppose to run because this days I manage to be up my first $1000 in this challenge :sfishg:
      I din't hit any big multiplier yet (actually the biggest where 3 spins x10 and I took 2 of them) all the profit comes from x4 and x6 multipliers where I adversary are so week and do stupid mistakes almost all the time or they become so nitty than you can steal even their mouse and monitor :D

I consider my ITM normal 37%, from what I'm aware a 38% is quite maximum you can have in this and only the grinders that put a lot of work in improving the game can get it and I'm very far away from that since in the past 5 days I didn't manage to study at all :(
      Main goal now is to make a schedule where to include more study but to not affect my volume or PokerStrategy job.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Great! Keep it up :f_thumbsup:
    • valybeta
      valybeta
      Gold
      GG pro! Best of luck!:f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      :gl:

I find your BRM model with a fixed number of buy-ins (200) needed to enter a new level too optimistic. I'm not risking getting into the $60s with even 300 BIs, they're reg-ridden and lower chip EVs are expected there :f_mad: That's especially true if you suddenly bink a high multiplier - don't move up on purely monetary grounds before you're sure that your skill level matches the level of the resident regs of the upper stake.

I find your chip graph posted after 361 game rather disturbing, given the facts that you're of HUSNG background, have studied advanced videos and were 1-tabling, which means that you should have been totally crushing the $15s... perhaps it would be a good idea to set up a leakfinder coaching with TIm (preferably public on Pokerstrategy :f_drink: ).
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by teddypoker
      all the profit comes from x4 and x6 multipliers where I adversary are so week and do stupid mistakes almost all the time or they become so nitty than you can steal even their mouse and monitor :D
      Hehehe. Funny quote.:s_drink: :s_drink: :s_drink:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The quote is excellent and also fits quite well. I once played a FTP 6x $50 where a Russian opponent was begging me for a deal throughout :f_biggrin: (he was way too weak, so I declined and went on to win).