[NL2-NL10] NL25, KK, extracting most value

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , K:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB folds, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,60) 8:heart: , K:diamond: , K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,60) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,75, BB raises to $1,50, Hero calls $0,75.

River: ($4,60) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4,60, Hero calls $2,75, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $10,10

I wonder what you think of play I made and what would be the most profitable play here? I think unless he has a PP he won't pay me off, but if I show weakness on the flop I might get some...
  • 6 replies
    • dandycal
      Your play seems to have worked here, but I clearly remember Ingol saying "don't ever slow play!".

Anyway, 4 of kind is such a rare situation that whatever you choose to do won't affect your overall winnings significantly.
    • exorcism
      nh :)

this guy looks really passive from stats AF. maybe you could bet something small on the flop as well.
    • Gerv
      Hello Burek,

Checking behind on the Flop doesn't hurt now and I think it is the best move on the Flop.
      on the Turn however you should bet out like you did so thumbs up. When getting reraised, I think showing weakness is very good with flopped quads :)

on the River, you face a decision for all your remaining chips done by your opponent, what else you want ? :)

I think its well played but I let Ingol know that he also has to post here *giggle* :D

- Gerv
    • burek2000
      Well, the thing is, I didn't have much trouble putting him AI, because he flopped fullhouse with 88 and we slowplayed each other. :D

So, I was wondering whether my play was good also against some other opponent and I didn't get just lucky this time.
    • IngolPoker
      :D @ gerv ^^

i mean.....if the guy is SOMEWHAT thinking your check shows strength, not weakness
      if he is a complete fool, then a check might be ok....

Generally a bet is better, but against come opponents you can also check...i wouldnt do it :)

As played bet turn a bit higher to avoid having more than potsize left on the river.

Testpaper in 5,5h ....
    • davidangel
      This is the only time I would ever check behind on the flop. As SSSr you only need 2 streets to go all-in and you have position. So you give him one card and hope he makes a big hand. On the turn you must use your standard lines, or they make notes on you, and you also want value from a draw. (would you ever bet less than 1/2 PS with any other hand? I think not) I would bet 1.2 on the turn and push his re-raise. IMO you got way to fancy in this hand and only got paid because villian hit a monster as well.
      Happy chum hunting!