This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, KK, extracting most value

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $13,95
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , K:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB folds, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,60) 8:heart: , K:diamond: , K:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1,60) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,75, BB raises to $1,50, Hero calls $0,75.

River: ($4,60) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4,60, Hero calls $2,75, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $10,10

I wonder what you think of play I made and what would be the most profitable play here? I think unless he has a PP he won't pay me off, but if I show weakness on the flop I might get some...
  • 6 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Your play seems to have worked here, but I clearly remember Ingol saying "don't ever slow play!".

Anyway, 4 of kind is such a rare situation that whatever you choose to do won't affect your overall winnings significantly.
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      nh :)

this guy looks really passive from stats AF. maybe you could bet something small on the flop as well.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Burek,

Checking behind on the Flop doesn't hurt now and I think it is the best move on the Flop.
      on the Turn however you should bet out like you did so thumbs up. When getting reraised, I think showing weakness is very good with flopped quads :)

on the River, you face a decision for all your remaining chips done by your opponent, what else you want ? :)

I think its well played but I let Ingol know that he also has to post here *giggle* :D

- Gerv
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Well, the thing is, I didn't have much trouble putting him AI, because he flopped fullhouse with 88 and we slowplayed each other. :D

So, I was wondering whether my play was good also against some other opponent and I didn't get just lucky this time.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      :D @ gerv ^^

i mean.....if the guy is SOMEWHAT thinking your check shows strength, not weakness
      if he is a complete fool, then a check might be ok....

Generally a bet is better, but against come opponents you can also check...i wouldnt do it :)

As played bet turn a bit higher to avoid having more than potsize left on the river.

Testpaper in 5,5h ....
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      This is the only time I would ever check behind on the flop. As SSSr you only need 2 streets to go all-in and you have position. So you give him one card and hope he makes a big hand. On the turn you must use your standard lines, or they make notes on you, and you also want value from a draw. (would you ever bet less than 1/2 PS with any other hand? I think not) I would bet 1.2 on the turn and push his re-raise. IMO you got way to fancy in this hand and only got paid because villian hit a monster as well.
      Happy chum hunting!