Poker players language gives them away!

• 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, aidanthomasnoel,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

An interesting read -- thanks for posting that.

Are you from the States?

Whereever you're from, why not check out the member map? Reply with your city and country to be included.

All the best,
      VS
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello aidanthomasnoel

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

I’m pretty sure this article is true, because if your talking you could give away some information how good or weak your hand in game is. If you feel comfortable or not and you can fake it as well to mislead your opponents to get what you want.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I remember watching some coverage of either the 2013 or 2014 WSOP ME where Steve Gee (who made the final table in 2012) was caught out in an apparent visual tell. If he was playing a borderline hand, the hoodie stayed down. If he was playing a monster, the hoodie went up.

This happened 3 or 4 times at the same table. Antonio Esfandiari was the guest commentator and picked it up fairly easily so maybe Steve should stay away from the big money live cash games or leave the hoodie in the car. :f_biggrin:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      or leave the hoodie in the car. :f_biggrin:
      Or switch it around. :)
      If you KNOW that you have a tell that others can exploit, then could you not turn the tables on them?

Rather like switching from being loose to being tight then back again -- you could use the opponents "knowledge" of your tell to trap them.

I have played live tournaments only twice, and busted out relatively early each time -- but I don't think tells played a part.

Peace,
      VS