Poker Stars Question

• Rocky8520
      Rocky8520
      Basic
      Hey,

So I am new to the site and I kept getting emails asking why I haven't taken advantage of the free offers so I thought I would have a look. Now I only play on pokerstars so I instantly clicked on that one.

So the question, I already have an account, I have never 'linked it' to anyone else, I made it a fair while ago and really never used it, I have never deposited into it, honestly its just kinda sat unused until the past week or two.

So in order to get the free $20 and 124 tourney tickets and in return bronze status I have to deposit $20 onto pokerstars using the code 'FREE20' and then place my poker stars username into the box on this site and every-things all good, only problem is that when I originally downloaded and created an account I never said I heard of pokerstars via this website and when I put in my username I couldnt find the box that said to share my information.

Now because I made the account ages ago, even though I have never deposited or anything like that does that mean that I can not participate in this offer and therefore in turn become a bronze member?

Thank you for any help :D
  • 9 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      You can't have multiple accounts on PokerStars. Period. It's against the ToS.

Made mine ages ago, but that's how it goes unfortunately. Once in a while I play at other sites to improve my status here at PokerStrategy, but as far as PokerStars goes, that it.
    • Rocky8520
      Rocky8520
      Basic
      I dont have multiple accounts I have the one account that I have never deposited on or done anything with, I am wondering if I can in some way use this account for the promotion as I am yet to deposit anything onto it.

I am not interesting in making a second account or anything like that.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rocky8520,

Unfortunately tracking is only available at the time accounts are created. If our marketing code isn't used in the signup process, then you won't be able to be tracked to us.

You can check out a list of our partner rooms and our free money offers for alternatives.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Laz
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rocky8520
      I dont have multiple accounts I have the one account that I have never deposited on or done anything with, I am wondering if I can in some way use this account for the promotion as I am yet to deposit anything onto it.

I am not interesting in making a second account or anything like that.
      It's not important if you had deposited or not. The fact is, you did created a previous account, untracked. It happens.
    • Rocky8520
      Rocky8520
      Basic
      Ok so there is no way to get it tracked now and be able to use this offer thats all good

Thanks for your help
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Rocky8520, on PokerStars (as you already know), this won't be possible. However, if you want to get the bronze status and have access to more content (e.g. videos, articles, coaching courses), it's still doable if you register and account on a different poker room and start playing there.

As you can see in the overview, after depositing on some of the rooms, you get free StrategyPoints. For example, if you set up an account on William Hill and deposit, you'll get 100 StrategyPoints just like that (= silver status here on PokerStrategy). In case your first deposit exceeds $100 you will get 1 bonus StrategyPoint (up to 500) for every dollar making it easy to reach even gold status.

Interested?
    • Biostarzz
      Biostarzz
      Bronze
      As long as you don't have the previous acc linked to you ID (when depositing) then i don't think it is a problem. if you haven't played for real money then I don't think there is a problem. You maybe even can delete old (non-linked) accounts (not sure tho)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for the hint, Biostarzz. It would be best to double check with the PokerStars support if the above is an option. The general rule is that 1 account per person. Let us know :)
    • Rocky8520
      Rocky8520
      Basic
      Thanks for all the help but I have accepted I wont be able to get the next level which is ok maybe I can do something else that isnt going to cost me a load of cash t make it happen who knows I will work for it i guess.

I am considering maybe trying 888 poker,

If anyone has experience with them

I jsut like the idea of keeping all my cash together (although it is very small)