Chowzor's Big 6-Max Poker Adventure

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Hey again!

I am back and starting another blog!
      I am am coming back to the game, and going to try to get serious this time. I am still in school, finishing my Master's degree, so I won't be able to play huge amount of volume, but I am still looking forward to playing! I have been on and off and on and off so many times, but I am back for now!

This is me!

I like to go to raves!!

I decided to get Gordon's NoBull$#!^ starter 6max course. I like it because it has a very good default to start. I had a really hard time before just not knowing what to do with a lot of things, so I would get frustrated not knowing what to do and I would tilt myself. Having that solid default range is really nice for tilt prevention. Obviously I am not going to lean on this, and will put in lots of study time, but it is something to get started, and having a plan just keeps me so calm :)

I made an account on poker 888 from this site for bonuses so I should be getting points! When I talked to the chat they said I had made an account before (Completely forgot :X), but since I didn't deposit my new one can be tracked. (Yay!)

I played my first session today for about 2.5 hours, but just one tabled SNAP!, the zoom clone, to get use to the charts. For some reason nl2 on 888 6max regular tables is limited to 50bb. So I will be using snap for a while. I deposited $60 and it

Results I just played 500 hands and made a lot of mistakes/ran into some bad runs. Fish rivered gutshots like it is their job haha, and I think made some silly folds. I am such a nit haha. But having the method in Gordon's book at least gives me a default, so I am not to down on myself. I honestly just want to get good, not rich, which is funny, but then I got it in 3 way with a set of Ts and only ended the session down 10bb lucky me after all? :) .
      Also had some software problem where it checked bb for me with JTs against two limpers, then I flopped a full house and then I missclicked the AI button and just forced 3 fishies out of the pot LooL.

HM2 doesn't have a HUD that works for SNAP either, but I don't need it at this limit. Over all I think the site is really soft and should be pretty easy to beat nl2. Eventually I will just move back to stars and play there.

I like to talk about poker on skype a lot so send me a message and I can add you up! I am wanting to get a noob skype chat going here. I think it would be really fun!
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Nice that you have a blog about your short handed cash games advanture :f_thumbsup:

888Poker don’t want that you can use a Hud on the SNAP tables, that’s why you can’t use it with your HM2 software. That’s the same with PokerTracker 4 as well so far I know.

Further I wish you all the best to beat the short handed cash games :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Thanks!

Using the NoBs guide has been really great. I didn't realize how much of a nit I was when I was playing before. This idea of just doing the standard lines for now, getting use to them, and seeing the outcome helps bring understanding. I think the practical aspect has shown me a lot of things and that they work. I really was terrified of monsters under the bed.

I think learning a lot of the theory is really important, and I have watched the videos from the course multiple times over, and learned a lot from them, but for now I think having the course gives me a good default standing and adjustments will come later.

I played two sessions today and I think I am about BE. I haven't looked too much at results and I am still 1 tabling snap and the outcome isn't really important right now. I am only at something like 1000 hands, sample not important. I am just trying to stop making mistakes.

For the time being I also took out all aspects of money. I am only working in bb for now. Just trying to keep this as fun as possible for now.

I also didn't realize how the variance actually was in poker. I really read other peoples blogs and they have some pretty crazy up and down swings. My expectations were way off. I look back at it now and I really laugh at how worked up I got. Silly Chowchow.

On the other side I am still doing my research project for my Masters during the days and I am really liking it. I have spent so much time doing inversion now, where it is coming pretty easy to me, and I will be glad to be done. Unfortunately I will not be employed when I am done so I am going to have to figure out what I am going to do there.

Other than that I am still going to work at it here. Watching the videos and posting hands a lot. So feeling good. Going to just keep trying to play a couple of hours a day this next week, and then I will try and work out some kind of a schedule. At this point I think I am thinking about getting more serious. We will see how this all plays out. I have no problem putting in the work, so we will see if I really want to do this or if I am just on the hype train.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Kind of an update.

Still playing one table getting use to the book, and I have watched all of the noBS videos like 5 times over. Overall I am feeling a lot more comfortable with my play now, so I am going to just keep at it for this next week and then start pumping up the volume. I am really enjoying playing at this point. I find my tilt issues are pretty much gone because I am a lot more confident in the moves I make. Where as before I was never really sure.

I am also going to kill this blog, and start up another one. I am currently in a city where I don't know to many people, so I think I am going to just go for it this summer, and put in all the work I can to win poker and life. I am just going to restart and work out a schedule. This year had been so busy for school I stopped going to the gym and eating healthy, so I am just going to make a life blog about all of it. I will make the blog here at PS.com and a few other places. I kind of have an idea for the journey from NL2-NL10/NL25, so I will post about it here as well.

Looking forward to a fresh start!!