Stack Up

• QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      I'm back for some more. The old blog Just havin' Some FUN! was fun but very lackluster for readers as it was always meant for myself as a more personal thing. This time I'll try to engage with the community and hopefully they'll do the same back.

About
      This time I'll take $200 starting at 10NL and try to build up a $10,000 bankroll. It's going to be a long way off but I'm sure I can pull it off. So a bit of background, I'm a cash game player, but I want to make the jump into Spin&Go's as I've always enjoyed them much more and the style of play they involve! So before we do that let's sign off on cash games by solidifying my cash game skills and growing a nice big healthy bankroll. The end goal is to be able hold my own at 200NL+ as my main game, then from there picking up other formats slowly like Spin&Go's, and MTT's in that order.

BRM
      Microstakes 20BI's (10nl, 16nl, 25nl)
      Smallstakes 25BI's (50nl, 100nl)
      Midstakes 30BI's (200nl)

Milestones
      Nice to have clear defined goals to work towards so here they are split into two groups, money since we need a bankroll to play at 200NL, and equally if not more important milestones about development of my poker skills.

Progress Meter
      [ ] $320 (first shot at 16nl)
      [ ] $500 (first shot at 25nl)
      [ ] $1000 (4 digits)
      [ ] $2500 (1/4 of the way)
      [ ] $5000 (1/2 of the way)
      [ ] $10000 (Finish line)

Skills (in the listing priority order)
      [ ] Minimize big mistakes
      [ ] Able to do pot odds
      [ ] Able to beat bad regulars
      [ ] Able to play post-flop based on dry/wet boards
      [ ] Able to play in a 3-bet pot
      [ ] Understand equity
      [ ] Able to run big bluffs
      [ ] Able to donk bet effectively
      [ ] Understand frequencies
      [ ] Able to play in a 3-bet pot strongly
      [ ] Understand bet-sizing
      [ ] Able to defend blinds strongly
      [ ] Understand polarized ranges

Since this is going to be a long process I'll try to add some value to reading this, once a week I'll go over my weekly objectives and then recap on how they went.

Week 1 Objective: Wax on, Wax off
      Since I'm starting off at 10NL, I just want to get the basics down. The goal isn't to be the best 10NL player, it's to move up the limits. That being said getting a solid understanding of the basics isn't a walk in the park either so luckly there's a bunch of articles here Basics. Safe to say you should probably understand the stuff listed under 2NL-5NL, and then "The Basics" under 10NL. The "Ranges and Equity" are useful but significantly harder, and it's pretty reasonable to say if you can't get the more simpler and impactful stuff down first, why in the world are you going to spend time on harder less impactful concepts. That's just a bad thought processes then.
  • 8 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      We will see if your blog will be better than the last 1 :f_wink:
      I wish you all the best with your new challenge to reach a 10k bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      o yeah i should add in milestones :) , ty for reminding, and also visiting!
    • murzius
      murzius
      Bronze
      gl gl :)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I most definitely want you to achieve that $10k bankroll! It might not be near but it will come eventually as long as you are willing to study and beat the games. :f_thumbsup: :milord:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      In! looking forward to the results! Probably won't see you for very long at my microstakes tables :-)
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      I should point out I haven't started the challenge yet, it's going to begin tomorrow. So hopefully I'll finish the challenge before Summer ends. Before we begin I should point out my plan for tackling this time wise, I'll be playing around 6 hours each day, with Friday and Saturday being longer days as I try to hit around 50 solid hours played a week. As for studying I'll try to get in around an hour a day. Updates I'll try to post when I'm able but at least once a week at the start/end period to post something of substance.

I am excited for tomorrow. :f_thumbsup:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How it’s going with you’re challenge so far?
    • mariusszz28
      mariusszz28
      Bronze
      Originally posted by QooQoo
      I'm back for some more. The old blog Just havin' Some FUN! was fun but very lackluster for readers as it was always meant for myself as a more personal thing. This time I'll try to engage with the community and hopefully they'll do the same back.

About
      This time I'll take $200 starting at 10NL and try to build up a $10,000 bankroll. It's going to be a long way off but I'm sure I can pull it off. So a bit of background, I'm a cash game player, but I want to make the jump into Spin&Go's as I've always enjoyed them much more and the style of play they involve! So before we do that let's sign off on cash games by solidifying my cash game skills and growing a nice big healthy bankroll. The end goal is to be able hold my own at 200NL+ as my main game, then from there picking up other formats slowly like Spin&Go's, and MTT's in that order.

BRM
      Microstakes 20BI's (10nl, 16nl, 25nl)
      Smallstakes 25BI's (50nl, 100nl)
      Midstakes 30BI's (200nl)

Milestones
      Nice to have clear defined goals to work towards so here they are split into two groups, money since we need a bankroll to play at 200NL, and equally if not more important milestones about development of my poker skills.

Progress Meter
      [ ] $320 (first shot at 16nl)
      [ ] $500 (first shot at 25nl)
      [ ] $1000 (4 digits)
      [ ] $2500 (1/4 of the way)
      [ ] $5000 (1/2 of the way)
      [ ] $10000 (Finish line)

Skills (in the listing priority order)
      [ ] Minimize big mistakes
      [ ] Able to do pot odds
      [ ] Able to beat bad regulars
      [ ] Able to play post-flop based on dry/wet boards
      [ ] Able to play in a 3-bet pot
      [ ] Understand equity
      [ ] Able to run big bluffs
      [ ] Able to donk bet effectively
      [ ] Understand frequencies
      [ ] Able to play in a 3-bet pot strongly
      [ ] Understand bet-sizing
      [ ] Able to defend blinds strongly
      [ ] Understand polarized ranges

Since this is going to be a long process I'll try to add some value to reading this, once a week I'll go over my weekly objectives and then recap on how they went.

Week 1 Objective: Wax on, Wax off
      Since I'm starting off at 10NL, I just want to get the basics down. The goal isn't to be the best 10NL player, it's to move up the limits. That being said getting a solid understanding of the basics isn't a walk in the park either so luckly there's a bunch of articles here Basics. Safe to say you should probably understand the stuff listed under 2NL-5NL, and then "The Basics" under 10NL. The "Ranges and Equity" are useful but significantly harder, and it's pretty reasonable to say if you can't get the more simpler and impactful stuff down first, why in the world are you going to spend time on harder less impactful concepts. That's just a bad thought processes then.