Chowzor says:"#!@# IT, Lets do this!"

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Hey Pokerstrategy Community!

Well I decided this was something I was just going to do casually, or for fun, but having played with the noBS course I got about a week ago, and I feel a new sense of renewal with poker. I am currently in a weird situation. I am a Geophysicist with a BSc in Geophysics from the University of Saskatchewan, and I am currently finishing up my Master of Science in Integrated Petroleum Geoscience at the University of Alberta. I am in the last leg of my program, where it is about an 8 hours a day job of doing my final research project, and it is nice to have some free time. Before this I was at school at 5am and I would leave between 7pm-10pm, so it was all I did. Having such an intense schedule really affected my mindset, and I am just starting to snap out of it.

Currently where I am at my social life isn’t very high, so I feel like now is as good of a time as any to keep myself busy and get my mindset back on track. So here I am proposing a schedule starting now:

Gym 3-5 days a week. I will start with 3 then move to 5. I already have a plan all set up for this.

Junk food 1 day a week: Fast food friday (1 meal only)

Poker 3 hours a day for 6-7 days a week. If I need to take a day off I will, but right now I am really liking it so I am going to keep at it.

Keeping myself busy is the best way to do it here.

Pokerwise I am pretty damn fishy. I am one tabling SNAP! (Zoom) on NL2 888 poker right now. I had an account set up on a microgaming skin for a RB deal, but the software is refusing to load at the moment. I will sort that out later, because right now all I am trying to do is get the NoBS course sorted out. My dad always told me: “First you get good, and then you get fast.” So for now I will work on getting the course down before I add more tables. First good, then fast, then profit. Work wise it is looking like I will not be employed in August, due to the crashed oil prices, so depending on how things look then I might apply for the deal. We will see, that is a huge commitment, and I don’t make decisions like that very lightly. I have a BR of $60, so I am going to build it up from there. Going to continure 1 tabling until at least this friday. I made way to many mistakes in my session today to even think about playing more than 1 table.

So I will use this blog to track my progress and keep myself accountable.

To Review:

Gym 3-5 days a week. Post exercises from routine in here to keep accountable.

Junk food once per week.

Poker 3hrs/day. -Post at least 3 hands a day. Comment on 3 more hands per day.

Blog entry everyday.

Post a weekly graph on Fridays. (While eating my cheat meal!)

One day at a time.
  • 30 replies
    • Biostarzz
      Biostarzz
      Silver
      Good luck :) i will follow your progress! stick to going to the gym ;)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The video isn’t working I’m afraid :f_frown:
      I wish you all the best to beat the SNAP micro stakes :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Video is fixed :) Thanks!
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Today was day one.

I am tired.

I had a nightmare and woke up at 3am last night and had too much adrenaline to go back to sleep. I slept 3.5 hours.

First day of work out routine was to not go to the gym but to buy good, healthy food, and cook for the week. I did that. I made rice, chicken, ground beef, spaghetti, Egg and oatmeal pancake. I also cut out all simple sugars. My body is not happy. I had no sleep last night and was trying to do programming/math for my research capstone for my MSc, which made me crave energy drinks. I did not take them. I drank 2 cups of black coffee. I still want sugar. I have not caved. The past year of nothing but school and bad eating has left me weak and addicted. It is affecting my mind. Self confidence is at an all time low, I see girls and avoid eye contact because I am embarrassed of myself. On my way back from groceries I realized how far I let myself slip both mentally and physically. I feel awkward and fat. I use to be in really good shape, and now I feel like I have an awkward fat suit on. I am not even that overweight, but I feel like 400lbs. It is only day 1. I will not break.

Tomorrow I will punish myself at the gym like I use to love doing.

Poker was okay. I followed the No BS guide blindly. I am kind of glad because thinking would be hard. It was a very up and down session. None of the bluffs were working in the book. I was getting called down with bottom pair. Then all of a sudden I kept getting the nuts. Then all of my bluffs started working. When you have nuts and people believe your bluffs it is easy game. I played for 2 hours and I am up a Stack from one tabling still. I still have a hard time remembering 3bet/fold ranges. I have a few hands to post. I will do that before sleep.

I made a big mistake in this hand I think:
      Pacific, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $0.83 (41.5 bb)
      BB: $0.79 (39.5 bb)
      UTG: $3.32 (166 bb)
      MP: $1.15 (57.5 bb)
      CO: $1.83 (91.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 T
      UTG raises to $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.31) J 7 T (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.61) K (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

River: ($1.21) Q (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.73, Hero folds

Results: $1.21 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: J 7 T K Q
      UTG mucked and won $1.14 ($0.55 net)
      Hero mucked 9 T and lost (-$0.59 net)

NoBS course says to bet turn with GS, so I did, but did not realize most of his range is big aces. I hit straight but then realized I can not call. I blame my body. I think his range is too strong to bet turn.

Not sure about some of the plays in this book right now. Sometimes they work, but sometimes they call down with bottom pair. I cannot use hud with SNAP so I just try to remember their names of people calling down really light. Otherwise it is good.

I feel like a zombie from no sleep and sugar withdrawal. I can't quit. I don't want to have this mindset forever. I hate it.

• SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m not in to cash games, but I would fold pre-flop this hand. I don’t think it’s smart to 3 bet bluff on NL2 against a unknown UTG raiser, but that’s mine opinion :f_cool:

Good to see that your video is fixed again :f_thumbsup:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      I’m not in to cash games, but I would fold pre-flop this hand. I don’t think it’s smart to 3 bet bluff on NL2 against a unknown UTG raiser, but that’s mine opinion
      I think it's fine. It's an implied odds hand, we're in position and both players have at least 100BB.

Nice blog btw, I'll be following. :f_thumbsup:
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Day Two.

I got more sleep last night, so that made today a lot easier. I still have weird dreams. I dreamed last night that a girl I have a huge crush on in my hometown started sleeping with one of my friends who I always see hitting on her when we go out. In real life I am pretty sure that he would never succeed. I was very mad in my dream, but when I woke up I got over it, however she was on my mind all day. She is pretty awesome. Perhaps after 2 months at the gym I will up my self confidence and get the stones to ask her out on at date. I don't really want to talk about her anymore right now.

I got up and made eggs and oatmeal for breakfast. I was full but not satisfied. The sugar withdraw is still affecting my mind. My body influences my mind, and my mind influences by body, but I control them both. My body whined for energy drinks, and my mind try to convince me. It failed. I drank water non-stop every time I wanted to drink sugary drinks. It helped and felt like I was flushing the bad out of my body. My research project is going well. I am pretty far ahead I just have to fix up some small things and I should be able to move to the next stage of the project.

Today I ate:
      Eggs and oatmeal with all natural peanut butter.
      Turkey sandwich with brown bread.
      Chicken, rice and potato
      extra lean ground beef with brown pasta.

Exercise was a lot of walking. It is a 20 minute walk each way to school, so I walked there, home for lunch, back there, then back after the gym. I tried to walk as fast as possible.

The gym was tough. I was anxious and wanted to find an excuse not to go. My mind trying to influence my body again. It failed. I was mad at my body for making me crave sugar so I punished it at the gym today. I started with leg press, leg extension, leg pull down, lat pull down, seated rows, chest press. By the end of it my arms and shoulders were sore so I left them alone. Tomorrow is a rest day, and I go back to the gym on Friday. I will keep trying to walk as fast each way and back to and from school. I still feel like a zombie, and the self confidence is still really low. But with it being really nice and hot outside there are lots of pretty girls running around so it gives me good motivation to not quit.

I didn't get home until 9pm and was so tired I only played poker for an hour. I think the session went well. I am up a stack again I think. I have not looked at total results since I have started on 888 I think I am up a few stacks. The traffic when I play on 888 is low, so I think I will have to move my roll again later, but for now there is enough people playing at nl2 snap. The players there are passive and sometimes I value own myself, but it is okay because they are bad. Here is a hand where I didn't know what to do on the river:

SB: $0.34 (17 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $2.75 (137.5 bb)
      MP: $2.58 (129 bb)
      Hero (CO): $4 (200 bb)
      BTN: $2.08 (104 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.05, 2 folds, BB calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.11) Q T 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.27) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

River: ($0.67) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.44, Hero calls $0.44

Results: $1.55 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: Q T 7 3 K
      BB showed 8 T and lost (-$0.77 net)
      Hero showed T Q and won $1.46 ($0.69 net)

I did not know if the call was okay or if I should have raised. I will post the hand.

Despite feeling like a zombie and low self confidence the whole day I knew I wasn't going to fail. At one point today a switch in my head went off that said: "I have this and there is no going back now." My body wants me to go in one direction and my mind tries to convince me to listen to my body but I don't.

• SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      I’m not in to cash games, but I would fold pre-flop this hand. I don’t think it’s smart to 3 bet bluff on NL2 against a unknown UTG raiser, but that’s mine opinion
      I think it's fine. It's an implied odds hand, we're in position and both players have at least 100BB.
      Than you can better calling than 3 betting in position I think if you think folding is to tight here.

The other hand looks fine played to me. I don’t think you can raise for value here and is calling fine on his lead on the river with 2 pair.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Than you can better calling than 3 betting in position I think if you think folding is to tight here.

The other hand looks fine played to me. I don’t think you can raise for value here and is calling fine on his lead on the river with 2 pair.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Hi,
      The course I am using (No BS 6max) for microstakes gives 9Ts as part of a 3b/fold range vs UTG from BU, so I am just sticking to that for now until I get better. I had no special reason to 3b/fold.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Day Three,

The sugar withdrawal isn't so bad anymore. I still get the cravings, but I feel like I am more of a person now. The self confidence is getting a lot better even though I feel like I am an awkward pear shape, but that will go away in time. I am also still having weird dreams. It almost feels like it is because of the mental struggle. I am constantly fighting through something in all of them, and I honestly don't mind it at this point because I feel like with such a huge reaction to everything I am going to have huge change. I still think about that girl from home a lot lately.

Eating went well today I ate:
      Eggwhite and Turkey sandwhich
      Fruit smoothy with non-sweetented orange juice and protein powder
      Almond chicken stirfry with brown rice.
      Cliff bar
      Chicken breast

Tomorrow I am going back to the gym. I am glad I am keeping busy at this point. A lot of my friends from school that I made over the year here are gone, and my hometown is 5 hours away, so I am not back that often. I am spending a lot of time alone, and I think keeping healthy and having something to focus on is really good for this situation. I wouldn't mind going out on a date or two, but right now one foot in front of the other. Gym, eat, poker.

Poker today was kind of tough. I am still super tired and I only played for 90 minutes today because I was making stupid plays here is one of them:

SB: $1.98 (99 bb)
      BB: $2.15 (107.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $3.55 (177.5 bb)
      MP: $1.19 (59.5 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $2.83 (141.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T K
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP calls $0.08, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.19) 4 K 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.75, Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $0.08

River: ($2.41) 7 (2 players)

Results: $2.41 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 4 K 9 Q 7
      Hero showed T K and lost (-$1.19 net)
      MP showed 4 4 and won $2.26 ($1.07 net)

No BS course says to raise KTs UTG it seems kind of loose, but I guess Gordon likes it better than KQo. But anyway on the turn I thought I hit a straight, so made the noob move and called. OOPS. I also did this stupid thing:

Hero (SB): $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $4.60 (230 bb)
      UTG: $3.33 (166.5 bb)
      MP: $3.45 (172.5 bb)
      CO: $3.33 (166.5 bb)
      BTN: $6.67 (333.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4 4
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.05, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds

Flop: ($0.12) 2 A 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.30) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.30) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Results: $0.60 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: 2 A 3 4 7
      Hero showed 4 4 and lost (-$0.29 net)
      BTN showed T 8 and won $0.57 ($0.28 net)

Should have just folded them preflop and I called the river because it seemed like a good spot to bluff the four to a straight given how i looked. I really felt silly.

Despite not really looking at my overall results until tomorrow (fridays) my cashier showed me my balance (it happens every time I join a table, but I didn't see it until today). I am up overall which is surprising to me because I thought I would have been down given all the mistakes I made. Doesn't matter at this point I still haven't played very many hands and I am still learning a lot. I was even up for this session which was surprising to me. The nice thing about nl2 is your big hands get paid of a lot more frequently so the sting from your mistakes is less I think. I still remember them though because making mistakes and learning from them is the key to victory. I really feel a lot better today and I am looking forward to putting in some long sessions tomorrow and over the weekend.

Also tomorrow is cheat day. I am way to excited for a greasy hamburger.

Song for today:
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Day Four,
      I am posting this today because some of my friends came in from out of town so I went and hung out after I finished at the gym and a bit of poker.

I am feeling a lot better today and the sugar withdrawal is minimal in comparison to before. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on eating right and going to the gym. The gym was really hard Friday but it is funny how old habits come back. I still remember that feeling after having put in a great work out. I feel relaxed after and it is awesome. The soreness is a little rough, but it means that I am changing and that is great. Next week I will be at the gym 4-5 days a week, which is going to be good. The workout routine is a 12 week program but I am only going to do the first 6 and then move to a strength based one.

I ate my cheat meal yesterday and honestly it didn't taste as good as I thought. Maybe next Friday it will be better. It as only been a week after all.

Here is my graph from since I have started at 888. I really need to work on getting more volume from here on out. I am not to worried about it at this point. Getting in the volume will be the focus of next week. I am still one tabling as well, so this will go up. I am not even taking these results to heart.

Going to keep at it here and post today's blog post tonight. I really want to put a lot of volume in today and tomorrow and get this NoBs course down here.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      All the best, but

:coolface: :coolface: :coolface:
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      All the best, but

:coolface: :coolface: :coolface:
      Are you saying my music is werid? :P I know it kind of is haha.

Day 5

Poker today was good. It was up and down, there were a lot of guy openshoving trash, and so I lost a few stacks that way, but that is the way it goes. I was making some spewy calls at the end there, but that is the way it is.

This hand make me feel kind of bleh. I felt like I had to call because of odds

SB: $7.50 (375 bb)
      BB: $1.38 (69 bb)
      UTG: $0.82 (41 bb)
      MP: $2.22 (111 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.45 (122.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.80 (40 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J A
      UTG calls $0.02, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.19) K 4 Q (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.09, UTG calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.37) A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.27, UTG raises to $0.65, Hero calls $0.38

River: ($1.67) 7 (2 players)

It felt spewy to call the turn, but with his stacksize I thought that he could be doing that with a worse A or maybe a high 2ndpair. I could be way out here. Not sure how I feel about it.

All and all I am just going to keep at it here. I am hoping I will be able to move to two tables here, but not while I am making simple mistakes still.

• AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      on last hand: fishes dont understand fold equity. he will call flop if:
      1. there will be rainy day and he will be sad,
      2. mom said not to play any games on ps4
      3. wrong socks on.

So you shouldnt bet flop because you dont know anything of them, unless you have some soulreads on him. You should use your In Position power. Check flop, reevaluate turn. You dont really need to bluff at nl2 to win this limit. i know it is boring but you will need to grind 50k hands in there to move up :f_love: prepare yourself now or you will sit there for too long time and poker will not look cute for you anymore.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      on last hand: fishes dont understand fold equity. he will call flop if:
      1. there will be rainy day and he will be sad,
      2. mom said not to play any games on ps4
      3. wrong socks on.

So you shouldnt bet flop because you don't know anything of them, unless you have some soulreads on him. You should use your In Position power. Check flop, reevaluate turn. You don't really need to bluff at nl2 to win this limit. i know it is boring but you will need to grind 50k hands in there to move up :f_love: prepare yourself now or you will sit there for too long time and poker will not look cute for you anymore.
      The course I am currently following gets you to bet your GSs there. At this point I do not cbet with air, but because I had a gutshot. Thanks for the advice though! I always appreciate it.

Today I played a lot of poker and I wish I could tell you some good news, but it was really just a lot of runbad. I followed the guide to the T and I just found bluffs getting raised and my value hands getting folded. Way it goes. A lot of value hands I had got chopped or they rivered 2p or something like that. But such is poker. I made a few mistakes here and there, but sometimes they just don't call. I was kind of hoping for some awesome run good so I could get out of nl2 and play reg tables, but I might be here for a while. A lot of the plays are coming a lot more naturally to me so I might start to add in a second table here which would double my volume!

Today I ate well and I am getting ready for the full on workout plan starting tomorrow. I have still been feeling kind of off with cutting out all of the sugar and stuff. The mindset has been kind of weird to be honest on average I am still feeling a lot better, but I still kind of swing up and down. It's kind of weird at this point but I just will keep moving forward. I find I really crave caffeine and sugar when I am playing poker and I really want to put in a lot of hands, but I just drink water and try to ignore it.

Short entry for today I was not really doing to much other than trying to get the strategy down here and I think that was mission accomplished. I wish there was a way that 888 would hide my bankroll when I am joining a table. Does anyone know?

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Day 7

Today was a tough day all around. I woke up and just felt foggy. Everything just seemed really tough for some reason. I went to do my research at school late and I left kind of early. I was just in such a rotten mood and doing simple things was tough. I listened to a lot of music and just thought about life while I was slowly chipping away at my project. It is funny because I actually really like what I do, but for some reason today it was just not happening for me. It was just kind of an off day.

Today I ate:
      Egg white sandwich with turkey
      Fruit smoothy /w unsweetened orange juice and protean powder.
      Cajun chicken and rice.
      Chicken breast, peanutbutter, and bread.
      Protein bar.

Today was Legs and it was tough
      Leg Press 4x20
      Sitting leg pull down 4x20
      laying leg pulldown 4x20
      leg extension 4x20
      hack squats 3x10

I walked to and from the gym and on the way back my legs felt like rubber. Tomorrow is a chest day.

Poker today was really trying my patience. I got owned pretty hard on this play:

SB: $3.07 (153.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.28 (114 bb)
      UTG: $1.88 (94 bb)
      MP: $2.04 (102 bb)
      CO: $2.53 (126.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.35 (17.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K 9
      4 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.16) 8 J Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.40) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.32, SB calls $0.32

River: ($1.04) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.78, SB raises to $2.55 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.98

Results: $4.56 pot ($0.28 rake)
      Final Board: 8 J Q Q 6
      SB showed A 6 and won $4.28 ($2 net)
      Hero showed K 9 and lost (-$2.28 net)

This guy just kind of owned me all night. He just always had 1 hand above me, until near the end of my session I hit a boat and he called my turn raise with 22.. maybe he felt bad? I don't know. It was a lot of just missing flops, getting my bluffs raised. Having guys bet 4bb on the river with the nuts. And a lot of chops with guys who also had the nuts haha. It is just the way it goes..there was one point where I was getting a little pissed, but I calmed myself down and kept at it. I am pretty sure I was about break even at the end of my session but I haven't checked. And it really isn't that important. I am finding myself getting pretty use to the NoBS charts and general game plan so I am going to move up to two tables tomorrow, which will help with the volume.

All in all my mindset is still kind of wonky, but I think it will eventually just go away. I am still eating well and going to the gym. Poker is still fun, and I am getting use to a lot of things and hoping to progress here. I am honestly not liking 888 that much. The rake is kind of high (50% higher than pokerstars?!) so I think I am going to keep at it to get through. The rakeback is like 10c per status point which is 50c a point so something like 20% rb. At this point it is not a big deal. The games are sure beatable, so right now the $$$ isn't important. Still working on getting good before I get fast! Been making notes quite a bit as well here.

Here is the music of the day. The video is pretty trippy ;)
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Day 8

Today was ok. I am still really tired for some reason. Like I just can barely get up in the morning. I spent a lot of time at school trying to get my preliminary algorithm to work and I just felt my brain get fried. I was texting with that girl from home a bit the other day and she called me "bud" a few times. Where I am from that is pretty much a welcome mat to the friend zone. Disappointing but I just need to keep on keeping on there are many many girls out there. Girls shouldn't be a priority now anyway. I have the gym, poker and my Master's Degree on my plate!

Today I ate the exact same thing I ate yesterday!

The Gym was a funny story. I go to the gym at school, and so I walked all the way there to find I left it my student id at home! But I couldn't take the train back because my Student ID is also my bus pass I had to walk back, so it was to late to go all the way back to the gym after I got my ID from my apartment. Silly me. It is alright, tomorrow was suppose to be a rest day, so I will just switch it for today. Tomorrow is chest and tri's. I still feel anxious whenever I start to go into the gym. I have no idea why. More time will cure that.

Today I played okay. I ran pretty good, so I ended up a stack and a bit, but I still made some mistakes. This hand I really overplayed:

SB: $1.03 (51.5 bb)
      BB: $4.25 (212.5 bb)
      UTG: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $2.54 (127 bb)
      CO: $1.76 (88 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2.82 (141 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A Q
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.06, MP folds

Flop: ($0.21) 5 Q 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.51) A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.38, UTG raises to $0.96, Hero raises to $2.59 and is all-in, UTG folds

Results: $2.43 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 5 Q 4 A
      UTG mucked and lost (-$1.19 net)
      Hero mucked A Q and won $2.28 ($1.09 net)

I didn't really know to call there, or what, so I thought, I'll just GII, but I really don't know what worse is calling there. I think I just folded out worse A's and 2ps.

I would really appreciate any advice on this.

Poker is feeling a lot easier, and I am defiantly going to be moving up to two tables finally. I am still not super clear on some of the calling ranges in No BS, but I will get it. Hopefully the jump to three tables will be a bit quicker. I wouldn't mind getting some of that welcome bonus, so more volume would be awesome.

I am looking forward to the weekend here too. Gym, Poker, Study, nothing will really change except I can sleep in.

The song is dedicated to my new "Bud" :P .
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Last hand i would iso 3x+ 1bb for each limper. So it would be 10 cents as of this you could get more money in and by the river less left for players. So easier to get in. And do the same postflop as you. Well played.
    • Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Day 9

Today I am sick. I got a lot done at school with my final project, but almost nothing else. I can barely breath, so I pretty much got home late, ate food and played like 30 minutes of poker. Played two tables for like maybe half an hour. I was running pretty good, but made some bad decisions. I just got lucky they didn't punish me too much. For anyone who knows the NoBs course, the double tap line is a huge $$ maker. I really wish I had a HUD so I could start asking questions about player specific lines. I feel like I should be trying to find a reason to use, or not to use the default lines. But I am still really new so I shouldn't try doing too many things at once. Need to keep getting the fundamentals here first. I played two tables today and I liked it, but kind of played bad to be honest. I miss out on some value, and missed a few bluffs. Kind of had some run good, so it didn't affect me too much.

I really just need to get some solid hands in here. My volume is still crap.

I am just going to get a good night sleep and hope damned illness goes away. I really hate being sick and I can barely keep my eyes open.