My journey to Pokeropia !

• mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Hi guys . First of all i'm George , 40 years old , father of 3 lovely kids and husband of a great woman . I'm from Greece , currently unemployed because i quit my job ( it was a shity job , was working 7 days the week - 8 hours per day ) to make my dreams come true .
      I've been playing poker for almost 8 years , mostly sng's and tournaments and i was a slightly losing player . Currently i play 6 max NL2 and NL5 ( 4 or 6 tabling ) , and i try to build my bankroll so i can move up to the stakes .
      My goals for the next month will be :

- Play at least 2k hands per day
      - Follow a 3 BI stop loss rule with a break of at least 2 hours
      - 1 hour per day study in specific situations that my coach finds i have a leak
      - 10 push ups punishment for every time i don't follow one of my coach rules
      - I will post my results at least one time per week

So cya at the tables . Let the games begin ....
  • 11 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Nice that you started a blog already to post you progress on the micro stakes.
      Hopefully you find now also a suitable job that you don’t need to work 7 days of the week.

Further I wish you all the best to beat the short handed cash games :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      Nice that you started a blog already to post you progress on the micro stakes.
      Hopefully you find now also a suitable job that you don’t need to work 7 days of the week.

Further I wish you all the best to beat the short handed cash games :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
      Thank you very much .
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      So , here i am for my first update . Played today and yesterday for some hours and i'm close to my goal of 2k hands per day . My sister came from Athens with her family , so i could not put any more volume . What i have noticed is that i'm losing big in Pokerstars , and i'm winning big in my second site . In pokerstars i'm loosing mostly from bad beats and because of my poor play ( don't know why i play scared in that site ) .

So here are my first graph for this month June graph

Sidekick still not working , so i can't post any hands ( i'll try to find out if there is an alternative for posting hands ) .

ps . Too many push ups ( almost 300 ) , think i'm gonna look like Hulk till the end of the challenge .
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Second Update

The month started at my new rented house , i have to set a phew things in order ( need a desk and an office chair as i'm currently have the pc on the dining table ) . Lost 3 days of play because of a death of a beloved wife's cousin .
      With the hands i will play today i'll be almost 2k hands less then my goal of 2k hands per day but i hope i'll make it up in the next week .
      So far i play well on my number 2 site , offcourse the play there is pretty poor and i believe that i can crush NL5 in this month .

The problem is my main site ( pokerstars ) . Everything i do there is wrong , and i can't understand what am i doing wrong . Guess i need to understand the play there and i'm in the right place to find all the information for that .

• Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      the only observation i make that makes a lot of sense is people on stars pay off less with mediocre hands compared to other softer sites.

so you mostly see people call with close to nutted hands on the river, and they bet mostly with the nuts if you just call river ( this is in general of course and not player specific if were comparing player pools )
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phgrinder
      the only observation i make that makes a lot of sense is people on stars pay off less with mediocre hands compared to other softer sites.

so you mostly see people call with close to nutted hands on the river, and they bet mostly with the nuts if you just call river ( this is in general of course and not player specific if were comparing player pools )
      Thank you for your opignion , i'll review my hands on stars for that .
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Hi mat8aiakhs!

So what are those dreams of yours you talked about at the first post if I may ask? :)
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Hi NutzAreOk ,
      my dream is to become a succesfull ( but not rich ) poker player , build a nice home in my village , buy a horse for every member of my family , spend a lot of time with my wife and kids and visit every place in Greece .
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Just some thoughts . I'm a winning player at a small site and losing in pokerstars . Should i stick to the smaller site ( which doesn't make me a good player ) or should i play at stars ( which is gonna turn me into a good player ) ? I have read that poker is to take the advantage of your edge against your opponents . But here comes EGO ( i don't want to be a mediocre player ) . What are your thoughts ?
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mat8aiakhs
      I have read that poker is to take the advantage of your edge against your opponents .
      This. And you need to find out where your edge is try to increase it by learning the game more and by exploiting your opponents.

Players might be a little bit different in general at different sites but it has absolutely nothing to do with if you can be winning player or not.
    • mat8aiakhs
      mat8aiakhs
      Bronze
      Pausing the challenge for some time . Major leaks i have to fix , and also focus on my mental game . I'll be back soon i hope .