Pokerstars with its "normal" speed SNG'es

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Now that Pokerstars has effectively removed all normal speed SNG tournaments from their selection, have any of you kept playing them? I assume only some rare MTTs remain for people who want to play slow paced games. Undoubtedly they will ruin even those soon enough. Are there any alternatives? I hate the idea of being forced to play at an site with inferior software and no traffic.

Meanwhile I have a novel idea for Pokerstars. They should add a new "slow" SNG format. 9max and 6max, with 30minute blind levels. 1500 chips and 1500 ante. That would induce a lot of play in the very early part of the tournament.
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I don’t think the antes at the start of a STT is that bad. You need to play a little bit looser than without antes in game, but that’s pretty much the only thing and I expect on the micro’s the regulars don’t adjust good enough. So you can win more chips by stealing the blinds against them. Off course the STT’s are less slow than you used to be, but I think you can still beat those games easily if you adjust good enough.

At least the Fifty50’s are still the same. So than you play more of those :f_wink:

Further looks your idea pretty funny. That’s pretty much a flip-SNG and than it’s a roulette game.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      Well, even the "normal" speed Fifty50 has 6 minute levels - compared to the 5 minute levels with 6max and 9max turbos. And people forget that they ruined a totally good DoN tournament to get a Fifty50 in the first place.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I prefer the Fifty50’s, because the ICM in DON’s is nasty and I don’t like to play like a nit those games. The reason there aren’t DON’s on PokerStars anymore that they faced collusion between a lot of people and they have fixed that with the Fifty50’s. If they didn’t had that problem in the past I wouldn’t mind both formats on PokerStars.

Cheers,
      SDK1987