Hey guys!

• HazardParalyze
      HazardParalyze
      Global
      I´m HazardParalyze and pretty new to poker.
      I´ve been playing with friends for a good time now, but not very seriously (90% of the time there happens an all-in in the first 10 minuits).
      I´m from Germany and 16 years old which is a problem for me and I´ll ask a question now. Is it possible to play poker for money at my age?
      It would be no problem for me if I could get paid my winnings (I hope there will be some) out once im 18.
      So what would you recommend me to do?
      I really appreciate this website!
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey HazardParalyze,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

I would strongly recommend you refrain from joining a real money poker site unless of course it is legal to gamble as a 16yo in Germany. The Terms & Conditions of poker rooms forbid you from playing if you are underage in the country you play from.

A few years ago a 16yo named James Obst started crushing games. He quickly moved up until he was playing high stakes. Unfortunately one of the pros knew he was underage and outed him to both PokerStars and FullTilt resulting in his account being suspended until he was 18. He was fortunate his account was only suspended and not totally banned as I think both room seen the potential for long term rake earner for them when he was that age.

When he turned 18, he came back with a bang. Within 41 days, he had a SCOOP and FTOPs title. He has now won multiple titles and an Aussie Millions ring. He is the serial crusher "Andy McLEOD".

I'm not even sure of the legality of joining PokerStars.net (play money only) as play money is now deemed to have value.

Regards

Laz
    • HazardParalyze
      HazardParalyze
      Global
      Hey thanks for your answer! I thought about a way to get into playing with money while underage. But I´m not sure if or how it´s possible.
      I could start playing freerolls with an account until I win something there and get into real money poker. If I want to check out I could wait until I´m 18 years old.
      What do you think about it?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by HazardParalyze
      Hey thanks for your answer! I thought about a way to get into playing with money while underage. But I´m not sure if or how it´s possible.
      I could start playing freerolls with an account until I win something there and get into real money poker. If I want to check out I could wait until I´m 18 years old.
      What do you think about it?
      Hi, HazardParalyze,
      I am 100% certain that you would be able to find a way to circumvent the rules.

I'm 80% certain that you'll get found out eventually.

I'm 20% certain that deliberately circumventing the rules will get you a lifetime ban.

Do you feel lucky?

Well, do you?

My point is that the risks are high and the reward is slight.

I would advise waiting, studying and preparing.
      Do you have some friends that you could play live at home with?

Best of luck,
      VS
    • imsuchacard
      imsuchacard
      Bronze
      Hey,

First of all i wouldn't condone you to be playing for money online if your under age, anyway imagine you did run hot, imagine the difficulties in trying to cash out $$$ when they start asking questions and wanting proof of I.D.

There are plenty of play money sites like http://www.triplejack.com/ (no affiliate link) that you can play against fish and learn the game. I believe that they give out apple products and stuff to tourney winners.

Until you become of age there is a ton of useful information here at poker strategy, you should be an expert by the time you come of age ;)

Then I'm sure poker strategy will hook you up with a sweet deal with you first real money room here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/.

However as you will be still learning and unlikely to be a long term winning player straight away, save your money getting burned instead of going to the big poker rooms with experienced players, try the softer ones.

I'd recommend the absolute softest rooms, which are in my opinion the mobile and tablet focused poker rooms like [Edited by Lazza61 - Non-partner room] (no affiliate link) all opponents are given a couple of free buyins to try the software initially, a large percentage of those people will happily ship those buyins to your stack as they are probably on the toilet taking a dump on their iPhones.

Gl and enjoy your new hobby, dont abuse it :profit:
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      welcome, greetings from Serbia and the best of luck at the tables!