ante from the word go?

• darchvile40
      darchvile40
      Bronze
      hi all.
      why has PS introduced antes in most of the 180 mans and 45 mans from the very start. I hav,nt been on in a good while and am not used to antes being introduced so early. Is there a reason for this. I find the game plays totally differant now so that means new way of playing no?:f_cry:
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I expect they want also some more action at the start of both formats, because now you need to play a little bit looser than you used to be. Hopefully you can adjust your game to the new format and than you can still win a lot of money of players that play to tight now.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I assume the geniuses at Pokerstars expected that the antes will attract more fish. I can not really complain about that thought by itself. The problem is, however, that the fish more than likely do not even understand there has been a change.

You could always e-mail Pokerstars support. I did and politely expressed my deep and sincere disgust. If more people would do the same, then perhaps we will see some normalcy sooner, rather than never.
    • darchvile40
      darchvile40
      Bronze
      hmm interesting. did they give you an answer?. I read on abit in the forum seems other people dont like the change either. isnt this gonna have a big change regarding ICM too. Oh well, we shall stop complaining and have a stab at it see how we go :f_biggrin:
    • HennieP
      HennieP
      Bronze
      Do a lot of fish sit out in these games? If so that might also have been a consideration to get people to actually play the game instead of just sitting out until the money.