This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

ante from the word go?

• darchvile40
      darchvile40
      Bronze
      hi all.
      why has PS introduced antes in most of the 180 mans and 45 mans from the very start. I hav,nt been on in a good while and am not used to antes being introduced so early. Is there a reason for this. I find the game plays totally differant now so that means new way of playing no?:f_cry:
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I expect they want also some more action at the start of both formats, because now you need to play a little bit looser than you used to be. Hopefully you can adjust your game to the new format and than you can still win a lot of money of players that play to tight now.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I assume the geniuses at Pokerstars expected that the antes will attract more fish. I can not really complain about that thought by itself. The problem is, however, that the fish more than likely do not even understand there has been a change.

You could always e-mail Pokerstars support. I did and politely expressed my deep and sincere disgust. If more people would do the same, then perhaps we will see some normalcy sooner, rather than never.
    • darchvile40
      darchvile40
      Bronze
      hmm interesting. did they give you an answer?. I read on abit in the forum seems other people dont like the change either. isnt this gonna have a big change regarding ICM too. Oh well, we shall stop complaining and have a stab at it see how we go :f_biggrin:
    • HennieP
      HennieP
      Bronze
      Do a lot of fish sit out in these games? If so that might also have been a consideration to get people to actually play the game instead of just sitting out until the money.