NLHE 6max bankroll building @zoom

• livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Hello all, :f_thumbsup:

Decided to start a new blog. First let me introduce myself. I’m a 24 year old business economics student that loves to play poker. I’m living in the Netherlands. Saw the Get rich or die Tryin’ challenge thread and decided to opt-in for that challenge because:

1. It’s a motivation to keep grinding and blogging
      2. I want to look how far I can go with this challenge

So to keep things short here a few things about my game:

• I play 6max NLHE zoom @pokerstars
      • Playing currently on NL10
      • Starting bankroll for this challenge is: $333.82

My end goal for the challenge will be a bankroll of 10k. When I get this roll, I will be thinking of going pro.

My goals for this month are:

• Play 50k hands. (4914/50000)
      • Improve my blind preflop and postflop game (currently where I lose the most money).
      • Get Goldstar on stars. (237,78vpp/2500vpp)
      • Use all fpp to play 235fpp 6max hyper turbo Sunday storm satt’s, probably the best rakeback.
      • Invest the rakeback to get some coaching, probably from W34z3l.
      • Look only once a week at Monday’s @ my winnings.
      • Reread: How to Be a Poker Player: Philosophy of Poker by Haseeb Qureshi.
      • Fill in every day my mental game sheets & follow my warming up schedule for every session.

As a bankroll management I will using the Kelly criterion:

Moving down will be when I have 15 stacks for my current limit.

Side life goals:
      • Finish 3rd year of my bachelor strong
      • Following 3 times a week the stronglifts program @gym

Not really measurable goals:
      • Keep my girlfriend happy :f_rolleyes:
      • Enjoy life every day :f_love:

This blog will not be about brags or beats. I will try posting many hands & posting mental issues that arise when trying to build a bankroll. Hope you will enjoy my journey, I know I will.

Let’s start! :f_cool:
  • 41 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Always nice to see some Dutch members around here.
      That’s explains a little bit why it’s on Dutch community pretty quiet these days :f_rolleyes:

Further I wish you good luck with your goals this month and a bankroll of 10k :gl:

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Good luck :f_thumbsup:

I'll be watching you with interest - I'm playing 6max zoom too, so will be looking to pick up some tips from you :s_biggrin:

Though I'm a bit concerned that some of your goals might be unrealistic - for example "Keep my girlfriend happy" - I mean, is that even possible? :f_tongue: (For the avoidance of any doubt, obviously I don't know you or anything at all about your girlfriend and mean this totally tongue in cheek with nothing disparaging for either of you)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey livethelife7,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

If all else fails make sure you keep the GF happy, or you may end up with no GF. :f_p:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Thnx 8runo!!. Haha it’s definitely possible.

Thnx Lazza!

Today and yesterday played 2 sessions. Played a total of 2566 hands, and have earned 124 vpp.
      The object of the sessions was to really focus on the blind defense -> play postflop aggressively when defending, using what I have learned from w34z3l’s walkthrough & red line rampage. Trying to extend it a bit and look for a lot of autoprofit spots. Seems to be working as the opponents don’t adapt much.

Here 2 interesting hands:

66 vs fish:

Could go bigger on river I think like 20bb

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10.69 (106.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $13.01 (130.1 bb)
      UTG: $12.68 (126.8 bb)
      MP: $6.63 (66.3 bb)
      CO: $9.53 (95.3 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 6
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 4 J J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.45) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP calls $0.28

River: ($1.01) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, MP calls $1.60

Results:
      $4.21 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: 4 J J A 6
      Hero showed 6 6 and won $4.02 ($1.94 net)
      MP mucked A 6 and lost (-$2.08 net)

Think flop & turn play are ok.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $10.26 (102.6 bb)
      BB: $18.14 (181.4 bb)
      UTG: $11.91 (119.1 bb)
      MP: $10.07 (100.7 bb)
      CO: $12.45 (124.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.85 (48.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 T
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.27, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.53

Flop: ($1.60) 7 7 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.40) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

River: ($7.20) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Results:
      $7.20 pot ($0.32 rake)
      Final Board: 7 7 K 5 3
      Hero showed 9 T and lost (-$3.60 net)
      BB showed A K and won $6.88 ($3.28 net)

Will post some more when I have time.
    • 2reac
      2reac
      Bronze
      Second hand it`s fold preflop. You could`ve saved 30bb . At least fold on that flop.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      First hand betting on a Ace turn that hits his range pretty hard I think.
      I don’t think that’s to profitable against most players.
      Originally posted by 2reac
      Second hand it`s fold preflop. You could`ve saved 30bb . At least fold on that flop.
      +1. Clear fold pre-flop for me against most players that 3bet so big and you play OOP as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      First hand betting on a Ace turn that hits his range pretty hard I think.
      I don’t think that’s to profitable against most players.
      +1. Clear fold pre-flop for me against most players that 3bet so big and you play OOP as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Hi,

First hand is vs a fish. I think this is an auto profit spot to bet once or twice vs fish. Of course he has prob. a lot of Ax in his hand, but I can let him fold a lot of air he has on the turn & It will be difficult to realize my equity I think.

About the second hand, preflop:

T9s is in my default defending range SB vs BB. It is clearly the bottom of my defending range. BB was even 3betting actively so I think this is a clear defend. Also I don't know why you think it’s a big 3bet , (he is 3x my open). That said I think I have a skill edge & playability edge because I’m not often dominated and if he 3bets a lot of sc I often have a better sc. If you defend this hand, you cannot fold any flop you miss or you would fold too much of your range. I have analyzed this hand a little deeper:

Postflop:

First notice that a common tendencies of NL10 players is to bet once and then give up in a 3bet pot. Thus our plan exploitive is to float a lot with some % equity and be aggr. when opp checked to us on turn.
      2nd, lets look at some math:

He is cbetting 9bb in a pot of 16bb. Thus our minimum defense frequency is: 1-A

A = 9/(16+9)
      A = 0,36
      1 - A = 64% of my range I need to defend (either by calling or raising) here or I let him auto profit with any two cards.

My preflop range is TT+ 50% of the time, so 5*3 combo's = 15 combo's
      AJo+ = 36 combo's
      AJs + = 12 combo's
      KQs = 4 combo's
      T9 & JTs = 4 combo's

This is a total of 75 combo's -> on this 77K flop we have though card removal 69 combo's
      So my minimum defending range should be 0.64 * 69 = 45 combo's
      Because this is a dry board I think against the right opp. we can defend a little bit wider, but vs unknown my defending range on this flop looks like:

AdAh, AdAs, AdAc, KdKh, KdKs, QdQh, QdQs, QdQc, JdJh, JdJs, JdJc, TdTh, TdTs, TdTc, AdKd, AhKh, AsKs, AsQs, AcQc, KdQd, KhQh, KsQs, AsJs, AcJc, JsTs, JcTc, Ts9s, Tc9c, AdKh, AdKs, AhKd, AhKs, AsKd, AsKh, AcKd, AcKh, AcKs, AdQc, AhQc, AcQd, AcQh

This is 41 combo's, so this is definitely what we have to defend. Because of the common tendencies I think we can defending wider exploitive.
      Turn and river I think are standard, turn I get my implieds and not really happy to bluff the river.
      Hope you understand my thought process. Folding her T9s with a backdoor flush and straight draw is i'm pretty sure a mistake against most opponents.
      Also understand that this is a common spot where people lose a lot on their redline.

Conclusion:

On NL10 you prob. don't need to defend this, but I think it's still a default play. Further if you defend this, you HAVE to defend on this board texture with your backdoors.
    • 2reac
      2reac
      Bronze
      I doubt you have the skill to play this hand profitable oop in a 3bet pot. And I don`t agree with you, your hand is very often dominated. Even if he has a weaker SC most of the times both of you will miss the flop and guess who is gonna win the pot? But anyway, he has a stronger range than your hand.

Let`s say he is 3betting very very wide. You are not even break even vs a 32% resteal range which is not realistic at NL10 imo.

Equity  Câştig     Tie
      MP2    51.33%  50.07%   1.26% { TT+, AQs+, A5s-A2s, K7s-K2s, Q7s-Q2s, J9s, J7s-J2s, T8s, 97s-96s, 85s+, 74s+, 64s+, 53s+, AQo+, A8o-A2o, K8o-K2o, T9o, 98o, 87o, 76o }
      MP3    48.67%  47.41%   1.26% { T9s }

You don`t have position, you don`t have the initiative. You should go ahead and fold this hand.
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      I have to disagree. You know that you have to defend 1-(0.7/1.60) = 56,75% of your opening range to prefent him from auto profiting any2. Also note that you only need 0.53/1.60 = 33% equity.
      Would be interesting what you then defend vs 3bet sb vs bb even against a 32% range. I don’t say you have to defend it, but definitely think this call is +EV even OOP. Also note that against a 32% 3bet range this is a defend any day. If you would not then defend it it’s a leak.
    • 2reac
      2reac
      Bronze
      Your math is wrong. You have to defend only 36% of your open range. 0.7/1.07=0.65 (fold eq he needs to be profitable with any 2)
      This call is definetely -EV, even IP, but especialy oop.
      Even if villain is reraising 30%+(which is very unlikely at NL10) BBvsSB and you have enough eq to call, you will not be able to realize that eq even when you hit the board because he won`t pay you and you will lose money in the long run.
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Your math is wrong. You have to defend only 36% of your open range. 0.7/1.07=0.65 (fold eq he needs to be profitable with any 2)
      This call is definetely -EV, even IP, but especialy oop.
      Even if villain is reraising 30%+(which is very unlikely at NL10) BBvsSB and you have enough eq to call, you will not be able to realize that eq even when you hit the board because he won`t pay you and you will lose money in the long run.
      You are right made a mistake there with the math. But still I'm not agreeing that it is a -EV play, def. not IP. Still think its an defend. If you rfi 36% from sb you still have to defend 0.35 * 0.36 = 12,6% of your range.
    • 2reac
      2reac
      Bronze
      You can find better hands to defend.
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      Would be interesting to know which hands you would defend sb vs bb3bet as a default if you would raise 36%?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      T9s is a pretty clear sb defend vs bb 3bet. Postflop is where the mistakes are happening.
    • 2reac
      2reac
      Bronze
      Originally posted by livethelife7
      Would be interesting to know which hands you would defend sb vs bb3bet as a default if you would raise 36%?
      Something like this, but it depends on the type of player BB is:
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Hey, nice blog!
      Sometimes there are 70 FPP hyper satelites running for the $3.30 rebuy - its basically the same rakeback you gonna get, but will have more BI for them => less variance, plus there are alot of limp-folding fishes there. :f_grin:
      GL
    • livethelife7
      livethelife7
      Bronze
      @serverm07, Hi, how would you deviate from my line? Do you think this is a c/f on the flop?

@nsavov. Thnx! You're right I see them sometimes, when they are available I play those! I think they are softer then the 235fpp satts.

Today will play some sessions, and will post some hands that happened this week.

:f_cool:
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Yea I think the flop is a losing call on this board.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Just a couple of brief comments.

OOP it's ok to give opponents auto-profit. If we try to stop that we will lose money without a large skill edge. When we are IP opponents should give us auto-profit.

SB vs BB 3bet. I don't have any problems with 9Ts. We should have stuff like this in our defending range.