I maybe lost!

• GER4poker
      GER4poker
      Basic
      TWIMC:
      I think because of a brain*art I, a Macintosh User, signed up at the wrong forum. Don't lynch me yet as I have a couple of questions. Since I cannot play real poker in the USA, what good can I get out of this website? It's confusing to me what you do here?

Second, the more important question is about PokerStrategy Equilab, can the software work on a Insignia (Best Buy) Windows 8 tablet?( or is the software for desktops computers only.)

I may be wrong on both issues, as I do not think the software Equilab will work on tablets and the website is mostly for PC users, but I would like some clarity on these issues.

Finally, if this site is not Mac friendly, how can I cancel my account

Regards,

A MacUser
  • 3 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey GER4poker,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

We are a poker school. We appeal to players of all levels who are looking to improve their game or plug their leaks. We operate under a status system with basic and learner strategies at basic and bronze level and more advanced articles and concepts available to higher status members.

To get a higher status, you would generally sign up to a room through our affiliate links and as you play real money games, we would award you StrategyPoints dependent on how much rake you pay. This allows most of our members the opportunity to upgrade their status at no cost while hopefully also running at a profit in your play.

Unfortunately that option is not currently available to our US friends although we anxiously await the day when that will change. For members who want to upgrade their status without playing on a tracked room, there is the option of buying status.

You can check out more about how our status system works here.

Even at Basic status, you will still have access to plenty of strategy articles, videos and live coachings, where you can chat in real time to our highly regarded coaches.

In November last year we instituted a complete site upgrade to make the site more user friendly for mobile devices. The majority of the feedback we have received from those users has been positive. We already have Mac users here and if you have any specific questions regarding Mac, it would be best to post them on our Computers and technology board where it will likely be seen by other Mac users.

I'm not sure if Equilab will run on a tablet but it would be more likely to on a tablet running Windows. Equilab is now a closed project with no further updates planned. There is a free equity trainer app in development now called Equity battle.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • GER4poker
      GER4poker
      Basic
      To update my question. I purchased a W8 tablet and downloaded EquityLab and it works. However be warned that you must have 20/20 vision and small tiny fingers to use it. I took it back.
      Thanks for the informtaion, it is exactly what I needed. I have a login and pw, however it seems as I must registerer again for the school and training; correct?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey GER4poker,

I can sympathise. Everything these days needs 20/20 vision and tiny fingers and sadly I have neither. :f_biggrin:

We used to have a structured NL Beginner's course that you would register for and submit homework to be marked but that has been discontinued.

For playing cash their are courses such as w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition) and No Limit Beginners course with confidant91, where you can learn concepts in a structured order. You can also ask questions of the coaches.

For MTT players there is Asaban's MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread.

Please be aware that you may require a higher status to view some videos.

You are also able to view all strategy and videos and attend live coachings that are available for basic status.

Let us know if you have any further questions. :f_drink:

Cheers :f_thumbsup:

Laz