This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

the best way to build a strong bankroll.. I

• 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Alexalexa1,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

A huge part of that decision is what format you enjoy the most, and how much experience you already have with each.

If you're just getting started, I suggest cash games, since they form the foundation of the game.
      There are added layers of strategy in Sit & Gos that you would need to learn as well.

As a starting point, I suggest following the lesson plan in No Limit Hold'em lessons overview

While you're here, why not take a moment to Introduce yourself?

And be sure to check out the free money offers.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • AD4znirel
      AD4znirel
      Bronze
      I only recently jumped into online poker. But from watching some of my relative play poker in real life, I personally feel that cash games may not be as fast paced but are definitely more comfortable and easy to understand whats going on. It depends, but personally, I would prefer cash games - sit and go games feel more complicated and there are also a lot more ways for people to mess with you. Also you can stop and start whenever you feel like it with cash games.
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      It's personal preferency really, I like Sit and Go's better myself. But it's easier to control your bankroll with cash games since it's less swingy (and more boring in my opinion hehe).