Cookies

• 18 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      hmm Soy you are starting to losing it....
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      What do you have against cookies? :(
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      I love cookies too.
      But still?!? recepies...
      This is too much :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Here's a recipe:

1. Open Stars client
      2. Go to the FPP store
      3. Order

:D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Is there a connection between christmas and cookies?
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      2. Go to the FPP store 3.Order

Disgust and nausea X( :D .It makes me vomit.
      Fast food nation. :D
      What can be better to eat home made cookie? (only gastronomic things not sex,money and rock).And imagine how tasteful they are when you made it yourself (or at least participated in process).and those smells in a kitchen. ;)
      Read it:
      http://www.slowfood.com/

Is there a connection between christmas and cookies?

yes,we eat them more :D
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      i eat gingerbread at christmas
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas

What can be better to eat home made cookie? (only gastronomic things not sex,money and rock).And imagine how tasteful they are when you made it yourself (or at least participated in process).and those smells in a kitchen. ;)
      I agree. Homemade cookies are awesome. Especially if you made them yourself, and haven't actually gotten sick to the stomach due to eating tons of cookie dough.

I usually bake different types of chocolate chips cookies - but was looking for some new challenges or ideas.

• dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      :) :D :D :D
      the same ninja cat likes cookies :D
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Ok,I`m first.Cookies for that cat.

My traditional cookies:

Basic recipe:
      500 g normal flour
      300 g butter (baking butter or margarine)
      220 g sugar (can be powder)
      1egg
      1 table soon sour cream or 2-3 yogurt
      ½ tea spoon baking soda
      ½ tea spoon coarse salt (not very small powder)
      1 tea soon vanilla extract

Addition: you can choose
      175-200 nuts (I usually put cobnut, I don’t know exact term in English but it’s normal nuts that grow in more Northern countries like Germany or Lithuania).You need to toast them in oven for 5-7 minutes ( not burn!),then cool them ,rub them a bit to remove peel, then chop them with knife or in mixer (but not in powder, in bigger pieces ).You can use other nuts like almond ,walnut.
      2/3 nuts +1/3 semisweet chocolate chips.
      Process:
      On table (not poker table) mix flour +soda +salt .I sift flour prior, it’s good to let to breathe a bit.
      Then in bowl with mixer you need to stir very good softened butter, than add sugar + vanilla and mix at medium speed until creamy and light, then egg, then cream. In the end put in nuts or nothing.
      And in the very end put bit by bit flour, can do it with mixer low speed, I do it with big wooden spoon. Put that dough (not your money) in a fridge (cover with something) and go to play little session for an hour.
      Then preheat oven, 180°C.Do cookies: roll dough and cut or do 3 cm Ø roll and cut in pieces.
      Put them on baking sheet with baking parchment (or without) and bake about 15 min, should be intense yellow. Put in a box, cover with towel and after 30 min. can eat the together with that nice cat.

My more special poppy seed cookies:
      225 g butter
      200 g sugar
      215 g those good nuts (cobnut)
      60 g poppy seed
      ½ tea spoon minced ginger
      ¼ tea spoon salt
      1 egg yolk
      About 250-300 g normal flour ( no soda).

Process the same ,in the end form ~ 3 cm Ø rolls, wrap in baking parchment or in plastic sheet, bag (dunno term),put in fridge foe 3-4 hours, then cut them in cookies and bake in the same way.

And my not sweet cookies- Crackers (gastronomic thing):

About 500 g flour
      1 very big or 2 smaller potato
      10g yeast
      ½ tea spoon sugar
      145 ml water (I put half mineral without gass)
      145 ml milk normal
      ½ tea spoon coarse salt
      2 table spoons Rosemary (leaves, can be dry, if fresh a bit more)
      80 ml olive oil (any oil)

Wash potato, not peel, and prick it in in 3-4 places with fork and boil. Cool. Peel and mash up with fork (not with mixer).Put in glass yeast,1/2 warm milk (not hot),sugar ,stir and revive yeast.
      On table (not poker table) or in big bowl sift flour or mix them good, mix with salt, mix with yeast ,milk ,half oil , water bit by bit and knead dough (make dough),not very hard, it just should stick hardly to hands. Cover dough and put it warmly (30-35°C) to rise, about 1h. Chop in small pieces rosemary, put oil in frying pan, heat it up, put rosemary and fry ½ minute, just to let flavor out, if rosemary is fresh do it few seconds less. Cool a bit and mix very well in raised dough. Then dough should raise 20 min. in warm place. Then cut dough in several pieces and roll it on floured table in sheets about 0.5 cm thick, cut in pieces as you like,~8x5cm, put on baking sheet with baking parchment, spread bit oil on it( not necessary) and let to stay warmly 10 minutes, then bake 180°C in preheated oven ~ 10-15 minutes, you see when it ready.
      You can eat the with meat pie ( dunno English term but French call it pâté), fish pie ,tuna fish, soft cheese, flavoured butter and etc.
      Enjoy :) .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Ok,I`m first.Cookies for that cat.

My traditional cookies:

Basic recipe:
      500 g normal flour
      300 g butter (baking butter or margarine)
      220 g sugar (can be powder)
      1egg
      1 table soon sour cream or 2-3 yogurt
      ½ tea spoon baking soda
      ½ tea spoon coarse salt (not very small powder)

175-200 nuts (I usually put cobnut, I don’t know exact term in English but it’s normal nuts that grow in more Northern countries like Germany or Lithuania).You need to toast them in oven for 5-7 minutes ( not burn!),then cool them ,rub them a bit to remove peel, then chop them with knife or in mixer (but not in powder, in bigger pieces ).You can use other nuts like almond ,walnut.
      2/3 nuts +1/3 semisweet chocolate chips.
      Process:
      On table (not poker table) mix flour +soda +salt .I sift flour prior, it’s good to let to breathe a bit.
      Then in bowl with mixer you need to stir very good softened butter, than add sugar + vanilla and mix at medium speed until creamy and light, then egg, then cream. In the end put in nuts or nothing.
      And in the very end put bit by bit flour, can do it with mixer low speed, I do it with big wooden spoon. Put that dough (not your money) in a fridge (cover with something) and go to play little session for an hour.
      Then preheat oven, 180°C.Do cookies: roll dough and cut or do 3 cm Ø roll and cut in pieces.
      Put them on baking sheet with baking parchment (or without) and bake about 15 min, should be intense yellow. Put in a box, cover with towel and after 30 min. can eat the together with that nice cat.
      This looks very familiar to me. Will try these first and report with how they were :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      no he isn't!

(he lost it loooong ago already)

Ma mommy's (adapted from my granny's) chocolate square recipe (for success!):

Title: Chocolate Squares
      Servings: 10
      Cooking Time: 45 minutes
      Preparation Time: 1 hour
      Category: Desserts
      Cuisine: Scottish
      Rating: 5/5 stars

---
      Ingredients
      ---
      400-500 g. digestive biscuits
      400 g. condensed milk
      200 g. butter
      400 g. black chocolate

---
      Instructions
      ---

Crush the biscuits in the mixer or with a rolling pin.
      Heat the condensed milk with the butter in a big saucepan and stir
      continuously.
      Cook until the mix becomes homogenous and thick, and becomes slightly
      brownish (!not burnt!)
      Take the pan off the plate, mix with the biscuits, stir well.
      Spread the biscuit in the mold(s), quickly, while it is still hot.
      Let it cool down completely. Absorb the excess grease with kitchen
      paper.
      Melt the chocolate in a bain marie, then spread it on the biscuit.
      Let it cool down, cut, and keep in the fridge.

N.B: you can use 400 or 500g of biscuit - either way, it'll be a bit (/very) greasy, just try to experiment a bit, tell me if you find an ideal mix :)

this is roughly what they should look like:
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze

These always make for an interesting Christmas :D
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      :D :D :D
      as a man who have some connections to medicine I should admit that healthier to eat cookie than smoke a joint :D
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Those sound a lot like hazelnuts or filberts.

Here's a recipe for one of my kids' favourites. It's so easy that even I can make them, and that's saying a lot.

Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
      1 cup (250 ml) sugar
      1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) cream of tartar
      1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) baking soda
      1 egg
      1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) vanilla
      1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
      2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar
      1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon

1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar and beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Gradually stir in flour, switching to a wooden spoon when the dough becomes to hard to work with the mixer. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

2. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) diameter balls. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture and place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 36.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      When I read that I was immediatly thinking of hash because this forum flows with dutch people. But then I figured you must be swiss and I though: "Oh well, then he's a good guy - and his grand mother no longer sounds like a hippie".

I might try this one. Looks tasty.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      When I read that I was immediatly thinking of hash because this forum flows with dutch people. But then I figured you must be swiss and I though: "Oh well, then he's a good guy - and his grand mother no longer sounds like a hippie".

I might try this one. Looks tasty.
      rofl
      added a pic, btw
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      mmm looks good swiss. :D