Quarter Life Crisis

• NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      June 4th 2015

I'm getting to that stage in my poker development where I believe I can start making a little bit of money consistently, if i continue my Studying and ambition for poker. This thread is designed to fuel that creative fire and is also a drawing board for my future plans.

:diamond: A bit about myself :diamond:

I studied as an actor in London for three years at one of the top drama schools, graduated, got an agent and have done a little bit of work within the industry...but it's obviously a very tough nut to crack. I'm the first person in my family to have attended and graduated university which is great, but now I'm stuck in a rut creatively and need to be putting more effort into finding work and even writing my own material.

One of the reasons that I love playing poker is that the math doesn't discriminate. If you're talented and put in the time, effort and resources into making yourself a better player, you're results will change. There is no agent/casting director/director to schmooze to get your foot in the door, no showreel you net or extra headshots...just a chip, a chair and some ambition.

Just re-read the above and it sounds very bitter!:happy: :deadhappy:

Maybe I need some life coaching too.

ANYWAY!

Bankroll: $213.25
      Target: £1100
  • 14 replies
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Oh and obviously I'll be running with the Get rich or die trying challenge!

Every Monday, every participant must write in his blog a weekly report, including:
      - number of played hands / tournaments
      - weekly bankroll movements in USD or EUR
      - Current bankroll
      - How many weeks he has participated in the promotion
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi NathanDavidLee,

Welcome to the blogs and the Get Rich or Die Trying challenge!

Your post didn't sound bitter to me at all. Actually, I thought it was quite inspiring.

Best of luck with your goal on and off the tables!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      What kind of games are you planning to play for your challenge?
      SNG’s, tournaments and/or cash games.

Further I wish you good luck as well with your challenge :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      I'll mostly be playing a mix of cash and smaller MTT's

Cash games I'll be grinding the Zoom tables.

Currently bankrolled for NL10 and have hit gold status for the past 2 months with the volume I've been putting in. This is last month.

I don't like to focus on EV too much, but as you can see I was running well below that last month.

Here's my week so far. Had a nice session yestderday.

• NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      1st Week of June

Week 1 of Get Rich of Die Trying

Total Tracked Cash Hands: 8780 (NL10 Zoom) + $6.89
      Played a few hands on the phone app that weren't tracked on HM2
      Starting Bankroll : $213.25
      Current Bankroll : $232.89
      Total Profit : $19.64

Should be able to grind out a $75 gold status bonus along with a $50 stellar rewards this month. So should be comfortably in the $300 area by July

Volume was terrible last week...but mainly because I was in Amsterdam for three days...definitely a good enough excuse :f_drink:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      What have you done in Amsterdam?
      The last time I was there I was to the Artis ZOO.

The pictures are a little bit small, but luckily if I click on it it’s better to see. If you drag you’re screenshot in the post-window it will be automatic uploaded and on the right format.

Further you need to check the options if you change you’re signature again. Now the link isn’t working.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      To be honest, all I did in Amsterdam was sample the numerous coffee shops.

But this was our view next to the canal:

Lovely bit of photography if I do say so myself.

Thanks for the tips with the formatting! Still new to consistently posting on the forums.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It looks a lot better know with you’re picture :f_thumbsup:

I newer checked any coffee shop in any Dutch town or city where I ever was.
      I don’t like drugs at all. Hopefully it was fun at least to check that out.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • RayFluke
      RayFluke
      Bronze
      Hey good luck for your challenge. You seem to be quite motivated and harworker (based on your introduction).
      So good luck again.
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Thanks Ray :f_thumbsup:

I think you can put Weed in the same category as Alcohol...I think it's ridiculous to criminalize it. Government would make far much more money through Taxing the drug and would eliminate the 'Gateway Drug' element from a lot of people who buy from dealers who then offer them Class A's.

Having a really difficult week with poker. Had a MASSIVE swing across the last 10k hands and have to subsequently move down to NL5...which is okay. But means that it's going to take a while to get back to the $250 area.
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze

Just a little update.

Grinding away to that $50 stellar upgrade and staying strong on Gold status. Volume last week was a bit weak, this was because I was playing a lot of 1/2 live at the Hippodrome in London. Had some fantastic results and I'm up around £1100 for the week. Not really in line with my bankroll management as I'm sitting down with £300 a time hah, but the field is extremely soft on a Thursday & weekend evening.
    • NathanDavidLee
      NathanDavidLee
      Bronze
      Feeling that life is moving in the right direction recently.

-Me and the GF are planning on getting a mortgage in the next 2/3 years down in Broadstairs Kent :D Very grown up :D
      -Had two acting auditions this week, one for a commercial which I've been recalled for and pencilled in...I'll be flown out to Budapest for three days if I'm successful with my recall tomorrow, to shoot for 3 days.
      -Played cricket with Damien Lewis (homeland/Bandofbrothers) and Iain Glenn (game of thrones) at Lords Cricket ground...hit 86 hitting 6 sixes. (only british people will appreciate this.)

Also had a great session this evening at NL10 bringing my Bankroll up to $362

P.S - What software do people use to post hands? Got a few I'd like to share and discuss.
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Played cricket with Damien Lewis (homeland/Bandofbrothers) and Iain Glenn (game of thrones) at Lords Cricket ground...hit 86 hitting 6 sixes. (only british people will appreciate this.)
      Nice, do you got any pictures with them to share :D

P.S - What software do people use to post hands? Got a few I'd like to share and discuss.
      I see you are using HM2. In it when you right click on a hand you have View option. It will open a new window with the hand and there on the bottom right select PokerStrategy format and after you click the Copy to clipboard button all you need is to paste it here on the forum ;)

PS: please don't forget to update your weekly evolution here: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi Nathan,

Is it everything ok? we are missing the updates for BR challenge and you already have a yellow card, pls if you are still interested in it make a short update here until tomorrow evening:
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

hope everything is ok and wish you a great day :)