Whats up with the ads?

• 11 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, LeNNy010,
      I don't know of any such pop-up ads on PokerStrategy.com
      I don't see any at all other than the banner ads on the home page.

If you do see a pop-up that you think is coming from PokerStrategy.com, then please take a screenshot and forward it to customer service (go to bottom of that page) and give them all the details you can.

All the best,
      VS
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, LeNNy010,
      I don't know of any such pop-up ads on PokerStrategy.com
      I don't see any at all other than the banner ads on the home page.

If you do see a pop-up that you think is coming from PokerStrategy.com, then please take a screenshot and forward it to customer service (go to bottom of that page) and give them all the details you can.

All the best,
      VS
      Hi there,

Sure thing, I found it to be strange anyways. Will make a screen shot next time, it usually happens when I open a news article from the home page.

Best regards
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      dude stop blaming others, check your pc for malware! Those ads are annoying i know. PS is not running such ads, at least not on my pc.
    • LeNNy010
      LeNNy010
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      dude stop blaming others, check your pc for malware! Those ads are annoying i know. PS is not running such ads, at least not on my pc.
      Well I really thought it was PS at first, that's why I got a little angry. Thanks for the tip.
    • alonohara
      alonohara
      Bronze
      me 2, no ads...
      win7, firefox.
      :f_thumbsup:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Thanks for the heads up Lenny, and as mentioned just let us know if this happens again.

And thanks for the additional help as well guys :)
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      This is what I was also thinking of.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      ... check your pc for malware! Those ads are annoying i know. PS is not running such ads, at least not on my pc.
      Besides standard anti-virus tools, there are other products that combat ad generators, browser hijackers etc.

The one I use is called malwarebytes.
      There is a free version.

I used to use Ad-Aware and Spybot, but malwarebytes seems to combine both.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      I use malwarebytes for last 3 years as far as i remember (but i dont keep it on my desktop all the time, when i feel in need for it i install, do the scans or whatever and uninstall) I dont like to use antivirus as well, i have enough with firewall settings :) Because i hate a lot running programs in background :D
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, AlvisR,
      While I agree that viruses are more hype than threat, I would never recommend that a casual user run without an active Anti-virus program.

If you are highly security conscious, then yeah, you can get away with it, but I've had to clean up some horrific messes caused by people getting malware -- mostly trojans, not true viruses. Once one of these gets loose on your computer, your firewall is no longer any help, since the activity is generated from inside, and is thus allowed.

Yes, it is possible to set up a firewall to require confirmation for every action, but that is such a pain most people don't run that way.

Cheers,
      VS
    • Mojumbo
      Mojumbo
      Bronze
      No ads for me. Definitely agree that using an anti-virus is the way to go!