Help this guy out to get back into poker

• Fubu27
      Hello I'm trying to get back into Poker after a loooong time and upon opening FTP I found a bunch of different stuff...

What I wanted to ask is: how good are these "flipout" tourneys? Are they worth playing? Is it possible to make money consistently with them?

Or maybe I should stick with 9man sngs and some multi-table rush.

Also: for playing sngs and tourneys these days which would you recommend more, FTP or Pokerstars?

I just don't understand young'uns and their poker games nowadays!

Thanks for your time!
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      Those flip-out tournaments are pretty much roulette to get ITM if I’m right and than you can play normal at the final table. I expect you can play those games profitable, but the variance is huge most likely. I recommend to start with normal tournaments and SNG’s first to improve you’re game.

On FTP you don’t have antes in STT’s and on PokerStars you start with antes already. So for beginners it’s better to play on FTP first I think. Off course on the 50c STT on PokerStars you don’t start with antes and that’s the lowest STT buy-inn of both sites. So if you have a bankroll of 50 or lower you can better start with the STT on PokerStars as beginner and after that FTP is better qua blind structure I think.

On PokerStars there are a lot more <$1 tournaments than on FTP. So it pretty much depends what kind of bankroll you have and if you want to play against big fields or not.

I think this is enough information for now, but if you have some questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,