Giving Up.

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      hi,

over the last year i built up a very nice BR which over the last 4/5weeks is now gone. this wasnt because of tilt. this wasnt because of bad BRM.

quite simpley good hands iv had have been out drew, havent got any action, hands been in pots that shouldnt, and this could go on all day...and its been solidly going on continuasley for 4/5 weeks

atleast half a years work gone in 4/5 week! im not wasting my time on this game, poker is gambling! and your all brainwased if you think you can actually make money over time! maybe you make money then withdrew money then go bust, deposit again go bust, and again go bust...then you build again and withdrew...i bet if you add you withdrewals and take your deposits youl be in the red...poker is for suckers.
  • 6 replies
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      sorry to hear that you have lost your BR, but I think that alot of people would disagree with your comment. Me for instance :-)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      well thats your dessision.

losing like 8 months work in 5 weeks is just sick. and i wont be wasting my time playing micro stakes trying to build a new one. because 0.05/0.10 stakes are just tiney in comparrision to the levle i was succesfully beating, and to start from this levle and build again i dont think my bran can ajust back to it
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      You are right, it is more likely that whole community is brainwashed, rather than the fact that you are sore loser.

Downswings are a part of poker, get use to it or quit right now.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello jonnyjm,

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your entire bankroll - but in all honesty, it seems like the problem lies in your attitude.

over the last year i built up a very nice BR which over the last 4/5weeks is now gone. this wasnt because of tilt. this wasnt because of bad BRM.

and i wont be wasting my time playing micro stakes trying to build a new one. because 0.05/0.10 stakes are just tiney in comparrision to the levle i was succesfully beating, and to start from this levle and build again i dont think my bran can ajust back to it

If you stuck to BRM you would have been back at the micro limits at some point or another - since thats what BRM is. It not just determines when to move up, but also when to move down. If you don't move down in time to save your bankroll then this is just another form of tilt.

You say you have been playing for 8 months... but in all honesty: How many articles have you read? How many videos have you watched? How many hands have you posted in the hand evaluation area? How many coachings have you attended? What have you been doing to work on your game?

Judging by the attitude displayed in your post, it seems you have a lot of leaks, and were most likely on an upswing before.

If you want to play profitable poker - it involves a lot of work - not just a lot of playing.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      well thats your dessision.

losing like 8 months work in 5 weeks is just sick. and i wont be wasting my time playing micro stakes trying to build a new one. because 0.05/0.10 stakes are just tiney in comparrision to the levle i was succesfully beating, and to start from this levle and build again i dont think my bran can ajust back to it
      omg you sounded just like one of my best friends. he is also an action junkie but he has no money in his bank account. everytime i voucher him $ for poker, he just ended up donking all and of course he blames on the small stakes that's his playingon , he used to grind at nl100 of course without a proper bankroll management. he is a decent player though but lacks the self control and did i tell you that he owes me $1.3k usd? lol.... if you quit now, which is good, that means you are leaving more fish in the pond for us!
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Its nice to see you have given up after 1 month, because you would never be able to handle my downswing of 2 months. 75% of my bank roll gone, and you know what I have done? I moved my ass down to the 10/20c tables, studied all beginers articals, and reviewed as much as I could with my play and hands won or lost. And now I am winning so much at this limit that I may not want to leave for a while. Its taken me 3 days to get my bank roll back to the 25/50c level averaging about 1500 hands a day, 20% bb/100 and a very high AF for FR limit tables. So before you give up, at least try the lower limits because if you can't beat the 10/20c then your probally a bad player and I think your afraid to find out. Instead you take the easy way out and insult every one here, to make youself feel good.

So Jonny this is for you:
      Hello every one, my name is one12ver and I am gambler. It all started one day with this site PokerStrategy, I really did not want the 50$ but it was just so good looking and yummy and they made me take it. Then they kept giving me more(articals,coaching,fourm) every day and I became addicted, but thanks to the kind words of jonny I was finally freed form the gambling nazis

So enough I need to get back to my game, which I just happen to be winning.