Hey all, newbie incoming!

• Madolite
      Madolite
      Global
      Hey guys, I thought I'd get a really solid grip on my game after losing a big $200 deposit (10NL) from a combination of bad play, tilting and a ridiculous losing streak (of which losing 2 flopped straights in a row to 3 outer and runner runner overstraights was just some of it). So obviously, part of that improvement involves joining sites like PokerStrategy and TwoPlusTwo etc and keeping myself continuously updated. I'm also starting anew @ 2NL to properly build my BR instead of artifically redepositing $200 per month and wasting money.

I think the biggest things I need to work on are my tilt, the metagame (at some hours I'm flat-called preflop 100% of the hands I play), I miss my value bets and some other minor things.

Anyways, I'm really hoping to improve my game, because Poker has become my favorite pastime. I've played it for years as a fun pastime, but started talking it semi-seriously about 2-years ago. But now, I'm looking to go the full mile and do everything Pro-like. Only major character flaw is that I got PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), so I need to learn how to get comfortable with being outside my comfort zone.

Anyways, see y'all in the money! :D
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Madolite

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

What kind of games your normal play SNG’s, tournaments, cash games and/or other format than No limit hold’em? If I know this I can maybe help you with giving more information about your favorite game.

It looks like your still a basic member and than you can use 1 or more of our free money offers on poker rooms you don’t have a account yet. If you’re bronze you can post pictures as well without help of staff members.

Further I wish you a pleasant stay on our forum and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them.

Best regards,
      SDK1987
    • Madolite
      Madolite
      Global
      I've tried SNGs recently, but I mainly play Cash Games and Rush Poker. I've also played some tournaments, but not too many. I'm looking into more tournaments in the future though, because I seem to be doing ok in $7500 and lower price pools.

Out of the 20-some tournaments I've played, I've won 1st place once ($120 won), 4th place ($280 won @ a higher price pool) and 8th-9th place 2-3 times. Just yesterday, I also won the 1st place freeroll ticket to the Sunday Brawl $75k tournament, but the brawl itself didn't go too well because every hand that was dealt to me got called and sucked out on. Even my KK preflop raise against villain's AJo call to flop an Ace. :f_mad: (I was able to fold that hand though).

I'm redepositing on the 20th, and will be playing CGs and tourneys mostly, w/ a separate bankroll for each. I might be able to grind up some minor cash from freerolls and FTP SNGs though, and the Sunday Brawl freeroll spiked my FTPs like crazy, so I'm getting a dollar and change on Friday. So I'll try doubling that up @ 2NL before the 20th. :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Madolite,

As it looks like you're trying to build a bankroll, you should check out our Get Rich or Die Tryin' promotion.

Then you can measure your performance against other participants and maybe make the weekly news. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • Madolite
      Madolite
      Global
      Yeah, I'll check that out thanks. I was gonna make a diary of sorts anyways, maybe a Bankroll Challenge newbie series on Youtube, too.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Sounds awesome. :appl:
      Looking forward to the blog and the vids :f_thumbsup:
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      Welcome to the pokerstrategy and good luck at the tables!