My account got suspended at 888 poker, they wrongfully accuse me of illegal money traffic.

• antim1
      antim1
      Bronze
      I started grinding on the 19th of May and i received this mail on the 28th of may.

I got this email from 888poker:

This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "avanelferen".

We have reviewed your account and also your game history. Whilst reviewing your game history we see suspicious gaming activity which indicates that you have been participating in the transfer of money on our tables. As previously explained to you, this is when one member intentionally loses to another member so money can be transferred.

We are in particular concerned with your gameplay with ‘’GrinderALF‘’.

Using our tables to transfer money is strictly against our Terms and Conditions and will not be tolerated.

Please provide any information you feel may be relevant regarding your recent actions on our tables. In the meantime your account will remain blocked and no funds will be returned.

Regards,

Operations Team
      operations@cassava.net

They asked me this:
      Date 28th May, Heads Up tables, sessions IDs:

Could you please provide us with an explanation regarding this game play?

I have no clue who GrinderALF is though, and I have no handhistory of me playing against this player.

It's possible that I have lost 5 super turbo heads up's in a row, but that's not because I was trafficing money, but just because I suck at super turbo's.
      And it's quite normal that you lose more than 5 games in an row because the variance is huge in Super turbo heads up.

What can I do know? I'm corresponding with their comstumer service now for a while (8 mails) but I didn't got any further.

What do I need to do? Because this is just theft! They just took my money, without showing me any proof or whatever.

Please help!

regards
  • 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, antim1,
      All that I can suggest is that you work with 888's team to resolve this.

Provide them all the information that they require.

If you have no hand history involving the other player, request from them the hand histories that they say are involved and review them -- compare the times in them with the times in your database, and work with them to resolve this.

These sorts of inquiries happen all the time, and are usually resolved.

Be thankful that 888 at least is taking the effort to supervise their games to ensure their legitimacy.

Remember to deal calmly hand cooperatively with the 888 representatives. They are your gateway to a resolution, and you need to keep them on your side.

I should point out too, that occasionally an innocent person is banned when it is not possible to exonerate them. This sucks, but it does happen.

Best of luck in this,
      VS
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      GrinderAlf is still playing at 888
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      This was resolved yesterday.

888Rep
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Good to know!
      VS
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Hey you know what? I read this exact same thing at another poker forum yesterday. Word by word. And I'm pretty sure there were references at yet a third forum.

And you got out and started insulting everyone because everyone was accusing you, someone with 1 post both here and there, of not telling the truth.

I'm glad everything is solved though
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ilostmysoul
      Hey you know what? I read this exact same thing at another poker forum yesterday. Word by word. And I'm pretty sure there were references at yet a third forum.
      Hi, ilostmysoul,
      You'll see this again and again.

:diamond: 1  A player new to the game plays for a while, then is subjected to a standard security check.
      :diamond: 2  The player reacts with anger because they believe they are being falsely accused of a crime.
      :diamond: 3  They blast posts on all forums venting their anger to "warn" people of the "scam" that xxx site is perpetrating on its customers
      :diamond: 4  The issue is resolved
      :diamond: 5  The player disappears forever.

I've only been on PokerStrategy.com since 2010, and I've seen this with almost every room.
      In fact just last week, I was subject to such a security check from William Hill.

Perhaps PokerStrategy.com should make a "helpful hints for new online players" guide and include in it how to deal with standard security checks.

My suggestions:
      :diamond:   Send high-quality photocopies of all requested documents and information.
      :diamond:   If some document is unavailable, explain why. The most common item requested that players don't have is a utility bill in their name sent to their address. Understandable if a player is living in someone else's house or has just moved. The poker room will have alternatives.
      :diamond:   Work with not against the poker room's support team, and behave calmly and professionally in all correspondence and in all communication. The representative is your gateway to your money. You need them on your side. Anger them, and they will decide against you.

Peace,
      VS
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by ilostmysoul
      Hi, ilostmysoul,
      You'll see this again and again.

:diamond: 1  A player new to the game plays for a while, then is subjected to a standard security check.
      :diamond: 2  The player reacts with anger because they believe they are being falsely accused of a crime.
      :diamond: 3  They blast posts on all forums venting their anger to "warn" people of the "scam" that xxx site is perpetrating on its customers
      :diamond: 4  The issue is resolved
      :diamond: 5  The player disappears forever.

I've only been on PokerStrategy.com since 2010, and I've seen this with almost every room.
      In fact just last week, I was subject to such a security check from William Hill.

Perhaps PokerStrategy.com should make a "helpful hints for new online players" guide and include in it how to deal with standard security checks.

My suggestions:
      :diamond:   Send high-quality photocopies of all requested documents and information.
      :diamond:   If some document is unavailable, explain why. The most common item requested that players don't have is a utility bill in their name sent to their address. Understandable if a player is living in someone else's house or has just moved. The poker room will have alternatives.
      :diamond:   Work with not against the poker room's support team, and behave calmly and professionally in all correspondence and in all communication. The representative is your gateway to your money. You need them on your side. Anger them, and they will decide against you.

Peace,
      VS
      Nice answer Vorpal :f_biggrin:

Never been subjected to any security checks. However I've seen some rooms go about it easier than others. For example, at PKR I was asked to verify my age by sending them my national ID, only so that I could unlock the withdraw features. Regarding Stars and FullTilt, my withdraw requests were accepted without any confirmation being requested.

I realize this is done so that the Poker Room can verify our age and maybe (if it comes to it) have some leverage if something illegal against their T&C happens. It's kinda weird that they only confirm age/ID on withdraws though. Even anonymous deposits, like PaySafe, widely available for anyone at any time, are just done instantly without any security verification. You can get money in freely and illegally, as long as you don't take it out.
      It's a broken system.

Going back on-topic, assuming OP is indeed innocent, then I defend these type of threads. At least they serve as a "warning" to other players. OP is Bronze though so I think we can assume he decided to stay :f_tongue: