This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 J8s freeplay

• shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $33.75
      Hero:
      $4.50
      MP2:
      $12.75

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.75) J:club: , 6:diamond: , Q:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($1.75) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.75) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, queen high (Jd 8d)

Hero wins with a straight, queen high (Jd 8d)

call flop good? bet river good? (his check for me was siurprize)If he betted river, call?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Shefass,

I can count (9-1) Flushdraw outs and 4 outs for 2 pair+. Now that makes 12 outs and according to This article you can play them as though your hand is a made hand.

So this is what I recommend next time:
      PostFlop: Reraise Villain to $1.5 (3x his bet) and when he ReRaises you, go All-in

Turn T : Gives you an additional 4 outs for a Gutshot, so keep on betting, preferably around 2/3 of the pot, again if being reraised, you get too good odds to fold so go All-in accordingly

River: Valuebetting with TopPairNoKicker doesn't make sense so if you missed or did not go all-in on the previous streets, save your money if you are unimproved to 2 pair+++

To answer your questions:
      I do not like the call on the Flop here since you have gazillion outs so you should start building the Pot as soon as possible

You bet 1/3 on the River which is not really high so I tend to bet at least 1/2 potsized with a made hand to get extra value. If he has something, he will probably pay you off ;)

If he betted, go for a smooth call because you have the lower straight

Hope this makes sense,
      Gerv
    • shefass
      shefass
      Bronze
      thx, I read that article, it will help a lot in future