SNG grasshopper says hello

• indigotiger
      indigotiger
      Bronze
      Greetings from Bristol, UK :f_drink:

I joined pokerstategy a few years ago just out of curiosity, and to learn the poker basics. But it's only now that i'm really playing a lot of poker and trying to do my best :)

Currently I'm playing $0.50 NLHE SNG games on Pokerstars pretty much exclusively (I go by the name of FlushBowl on pokerstars xD ).

My first goal is to get my bank roll up to $75 so i can play $1.50 games :) I started with $25 as suggested by this website, but because of inexperience, it's been slowly declining :why:

No bother though, as with any skill, it will take time to develop. I'm in it for the long run - I love poker and really want to become an PKRMASTER

I haven't been playing cash games or other forms of poker, because i'm just enjoying learning and applying the SNG strategy. Is that bad?

Anyways, that's my introduction. Good luck to you all, and see you around the forums!
  • 4 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi indigotiger, welcome to Pokerstrategy!

Nice to see another SNG player around here. I assume you're already familiar with our SNG beginner's strategy and our overview of SNG lessons? If not, I do recommend that you check them out, they might be a bit different to the content you may have seen back in 2011.

I also recommend downloading the ICM Trainer to practice playing in the all-important push or fold phase. Keep in mind, though, that you're not allowed to run the program while your Pokerstars client is open.

Sticking to one format of poker in the beginning is not a bad decision at all. In fact, I believe it is a wise move, since it allows you to make rapid improvements in one type of game, rather than just getting a vague idea about poker in general. Even most pros often end up focusing on one format as their main game.

Also, don't worry about your losses too much. SNGs are a relatively variance-heavy format, and as someone who used to grind these games in the past, I can definitely tell you that even if you make all the right decisions, you may just get one losing session after another for a while. It will all even out in the end, though.

If you have any further questions, just let me know.

Best of luck!
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      Welcome to the pokerstrategy and good luck at the tables!
    • indigotiger
      indigotiger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Hi indigotiger, welcome to Pokerstrategy!

Nice to see another SNG player around here. I assume you're already familiar with our SNG beginner's strategy and our overview of SNG lessons? If not, I do recommend that you check them out, they might be a bit different to the content you may have seen back in 2011.

I also recommend downloading the ICM Trainer to practice playing in the all-important push or fold phase. Keep in mind, though, that you're not allowed to run the program while your Pokerstars client is open.

Sticking to one format of poker in the beginning is not a bad decision at all. In fact, I believe it is a wise move, since it allows you to make rapid improvements in one type of game, rather than just getting a vague idea about poker in general. Even most pros often end up focusing on one format as their main game.

Also, don't worry about your losses too much. SNGs are a relatively variance-heavy format, and as someone who used to grind these games in the past, I can definitely tell you that even if you make all the right decisions, you may just get one losing session after another for a while. It will all even out in the end, though.

If you have any further questions, just let me know.

Best of luck!

Hey thanks for the reply Harrier :)

I'm going to download the ICM trainer now

See you around the forums!
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by indigotiger
      Hey thanks for the reply Harrier :)

I'm going to download the ICM trainer now

See you around the forums!
      All right, nice one! :f_thumbsup:

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about the program. Some people are struggling with it a bit in the beginning.