ICM NASH

• sikRS
      sikRS
      Gold
      Hi guys!
      I'm playing 9man turbo sng recently. I'm really trying to go up on limits and it works so far, but I have a misunderstanding.
      You know for the late stage of an sng the people recommend to use ICM push or fold strategy and I used pokerstrategy ICM trainer and after that I used PT4's ICM function and SnGwizard. I tried to guess the ranges of the opponents to make a good decision. But I think they give me sometimes too loose decisions. For example there was a situation where sit and go wizard told me an any two push from cutoff but the Holdemresource calculator at the same situation with same ranges told me a Q10o+ push? Why? What is the difference? What is the difference between ICM, NASH, ICM NASH because I met all of these terms. And what is good for me? How can I make good decisions? I think there are a lots of people who has the same misunderstanding so maybe answering this question would be good not just for me. :)
      Thank you in advance!
  • 3 replies
    • indigotiger
      indigotiger
      Bronze
      Bear in mind these trainers are just that - trainers.

They're programs on the computer, whereas you're at the table playing the actual game. There's no one right strategy or range, long term. I mean, even the best pros have totally different games and different pros would probably push or fold with different ranges.

Anyways, that's just my two cents :f_biggrin:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The problem is that players don’t push or fold with exact the Nash ranges what Holdem Resources calculator suggest if you don’t modified the ranges. So it’s possible that the player will shove tighter than Nash or the other way around. That’s with calling the same story.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • sikRS
      sikRS
      Gold
      Thank you guys :)