[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: Js on K high board vs donk

• mrjorisa
      I'm having a discussion with my buddy on whether I should had bet the turn for value instead of check folding. My approach to NL25 is usually ABC straight forward poker but is this spot a leak in my game?

Villain is 64/15/1.8AF over 750hands

Comments much appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $21.80
      MP: $25.75
      CO: $31.70
      BTN: $25.35
      Hero (SB): $29.90
      BB: $31.40

Pre-Flop: J:club: J:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, BB folds, MP calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.65) 3:diamond: K:diamond: 7:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $2, MP calls $2

Turn: ($6.65) 8:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3.50, Hero folds

Results: $6.65 Pot ($0.30 Rake)
      MP mucked and WON $6.35 (+$3.15 NET)
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      usualy i bet again here against since their are some draws and he still calls with 2nd pair . its player dependent if you want to bet again or not depending how much you think he will call another barrel with a hand worst then a k and how much he is going to bet when checked to him if he doesnt have the k
      if you know he is beting alot when checked you can turn your hand into a bluff catcher and check/ call . if you think he is beting just better then check / fold
      if you know he calls another street with a draw/2nd pair then bet for value
    • texbball33
      I think your conti bet flop/check turn looks really weak to a guy like this. If he's raising 15% and has 1.8 AF he's not a complete idiot, the 64% VPIP makes the K a little less likely, but he's probably capable of floating when you check the turn to him.

Since you have so many hands on this guy you should be able to tell if he's calling alot of conti bets and trying to float the turn, or giving up to a second barrel. You should use that to decide if betting on the turn makes sense or not. BTW his 1/2 pot size bet on the turn is not very strong. He's certainly not trying to protect his hand from anything, so I think it's likely that he has a draw or air here.