Introduction

• Fiekie247
      Fiekie247
      Bronze
      Hi All

I am from South Africa and been playing for the past 2 years online poker. Mostly Pokerstars and 888 pokers. I love mostly texas holdem NL cash tables as well as speed/zoom/snap poker. I hate sitting in tournaments with Blinds of 15 minutes or longer, i dont have the time or am impatient and i believe you need patience with poker. So i prefer Hyper turbo or turbo Tournament.

NL is my favourite cannot play any of the other games like Omaha etc. I hardly win with NL, can anyone give me some usefull tips on what i should consider when playing. I am looking at reading through the beginner poker pages for newbies etc as i consider myself as a newbie play.

Just wanted to say HI

Thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Fiekie247,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

I can definitely recommend you check out w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition) and No Limit Beginners course with confidant91. There are some great tips in there for busting out of the micros. :s_evil:

Also make sure you check out our free money offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

If you need advice regarding a room then check our our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • Fiekie247
      Fiekie247
      Bronze
      Hi Lazza61.

I have poker accounts at ,888poker, Pokerstars and Winner Poker. Since i havent signup through Pokerstrategy, can i delete my poker account and re-register through Pokerstrategy? Not much worried about free money, but would like my game to be tracked by Pokerstrategy to earn points, because i play often on those sites. How does it work?

Please advise.

THanks in advance.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Fiekie247,

Unfortunately this is not possible. Tracking is only available on creation of the accounts, either by using a link carrying our affiliate code or by entering our marketing code.

When I first joined PokerStrategy.com, I was in the same situation. I played mainly at Stars, Full Tilt and Poker770 (now NetBet). However I took the free money because it gave me Bronze which opened up more strategy and videos ( I was a noob fish :f_biggrin: ).

I then discovered the 10 for 1 promotin. If you earn 1 SP in a day on a tracked room (about .33c-.40c rake), you'll receive 10 bonus SPs which made it easy for me to reach Silver when I wanted access to more advanced strategy and videos. One month I even made $60 profit playing 1 $3.50 MTT a day on PKR for 10 days. :s_thumbsup:

If you do it early in the month, then you actually get the status for 6 weeks instead of a month as you are upgraded as soon as you achieve Silver and you hold it to the end of the next month.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :s_thumbsup:

Regards

Laz
    • Fiekie247
      Fiekie247
      Bronze
      Hi Laz

Thanks for the info. I meant if i were to delete and cancel my current poker accounts, close them personally and sign up again through Pokerstrategy.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Fiekie247.

Unfortunately this is not possible. Poker rooms will only close your existing account and allow you to open a new account in exceptional circumstances. I think at Stars, they will only do it if your real name forms part or all of your username.

Opening a second account is known as multi-accounting and is a serious breach of all rooms Ts & Cs and will generally result in a lifetime ban.

Regards

Laz
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      Hello, welcome and good luck at the tables.