New to Site

• ParkaPom
      ParkaPom
      Basic
      Hello all. I have been playing NLHE for some years now, on and off, with some success though relatively small profits. I only recently started to study the game in more depth.

I hail from Virginia Beach, VA and would be interested in meeting other poker players in the area if any such read this. (But having actually read the rules, no contact info here; please just inform of a good site or whatever to meet locals if there is any such thing).
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey ParkaPom,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

People can still exchange personal contact information, just not on the public boards. You would need to send a friend request and once accepted, then you are free to exchange skype/emails etc in private. Unfortunately you would need to be bronze status to do this.

Members normally achieve Bronze status for free when they signup to one of our partner rooms but due to the current US legislation, we are unable to offer this to US players. :(

The only other option would be to buy a Points Package. You could buy Silver for $9 a month ($5 a month for 12 months) and when you're subscription expired, you would revert to Bronze. You can read how our status system works here.

Another option is to check our Member map and ofc get yourself added as well. Also you could post (or look for an existing thread) on our International Meeting Place board.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • ParkaPom
      ParkaPom
      Basic
      Thank you for the welcome and the information!

Please also look at (I think) the Tools forum as my Equilab is broken and essentially useless now. Perhaps you know, or know who knows, how to fix it?

No idea what happened but the range selection window doesn't come up anymore. Just a blank window frame that I can see in the Windows bar at bottom of screen but if I click on the image nothing happens. It's just a dead window, so I have no visual way to enter ranges, which renders the tool pretty much useless. I've never seen any program have such an issue before. Weird.

Thanks again.
    • Fiekie247
      Fiekie247
      Bronze
      Welcome to Pokerstrategy
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      Hello, welcome and good luck at the tables.