Equilab is broken -- Hand range selection window will not come up

• ParkaPom
      ParkaPom
      Basic
      This is really weird and only just started happening. When I run Equilab and press the hand range selection button for any position the window tries to come up (can see the "frame" in the Windows 7 button bar at bottom of screen) but never appears onscreen. Selecting it from the button bar at bottom of screen does nothing.

I tried de-installing and re-installing. No help. I tried rebooting computer. No help.

Has this problem been seen before?

Hoping there is a solution. Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • psyduarte
      psyduarte
      Bronze
      yeah me too!!!!! any amnswers??
    • psyduarte
      psyduarte
      Bronze
      Just a wild guess -- perhaps it is there but off screen.

First, make sure you're using 1.2.8.0 or later.

In the task bar, click the icon for that window.

Now press alt-spacebar

A small menu will appear on the left, right, top or bottom of your screen.
      If the window is offscreen to the left, the menu will be on the left, and so on.

On the menu, click move.
      use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back on to the screen and press enter.

You can use the same trick to fix windows that somehow got shrunk too small to be visible, by using the "size" choice on the menu -- but the hand range window won't resize so that won't apply in this case.

If the alt-spacebar trick doesn't work, try uninstalling and re-installing Equiab

HTH,
      --VS
    • ParkaPom
      ParkaPom
      Basic
      You got it!

I had changed the orientation of extra monitor from left side to right side and so the window was stuck over "on the left" in vapor screen land.

In case it helps someone else, the alt-spacebar trick didn't work for me or perhaps I didn't understand it. With Windows 7 you can hover over the application button at the bottom of the screen, right-click on the range selection window image that appears, select Move, then use the arrow keys to bring the window back onto live screen area.

Thanks so much for the help!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by psyduarte
      Just a wild guess -- perhaps it is there but off screen.

First, make sure you're using 1.2.8.0 or later.

In the task bar, click the icon for that window.

Now press alt-spacebar

A small menu will appear on the left, right, top or bottom of your screen.
      If the window is offscreen to the left, the menu will be on the left, and so on.

On the menu, click move.
      use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back on to the screen and press enter.

You can use the same trick to fix windows that somehow got shrunk too small to be visible, by using the "size" choice on the menu -- but the hand range window won't resize so that won't apply in this case.

If the alt-spacebar trick doesn't work, try uninstalling and re-installing Equiab

HTH,
      --VS
      Nice copy paste action of the answer in the thread Equilab hand range window won't open :appl:
      At least it works out for you 2.

Cheers,
      SDK1987