Retracking account?

• Tinsley15
      Tinsley15
      Bronze
      Hi, dunno if i used right term, but i would like to know is there any chance that my 888 account could be tracked through PS now, as i made that account long time ago, from their official page (not through PS links). Thanks
  • 14 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Tinsley15,

Unfortunately an account can only be tracked during creation by either clicking our affiliate links and/or by using our marketing code.

Regards

Laz
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Since this is a feedback thread and related to OP:

I wanted to come back to PS for quite some time because I like the hand discussions and materials, it had decent free software, and I learned poker through this site a few years ago when I signed up to PartyPoker and gained status. Nowadays I'm playing on 888 and Stars but the site gives me no option to link these accounts as confirmed above and it's of course against the TOS to create new ones on the poker sites, and i'm simply not willing to pay a large monthly fee just to browse materials once in a wile. The software also doesn't exist any more or doesn't work correctly or not at all (with that I refer to my posts to the sidekick forums concerning 888). I'm pretty sad about it :f_cry: , but this is likely one of the last posts I ever make on this site because it doesn't work any more / gives no benefits in any way for me although I'm playing quite a lot.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey generals007,

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. Have you thought about another room strictly for tracking purposes? I play mainly on my untracked Stars account so when I wanted to view Silver+ content, I would use the 10 for 1 points promotion to easily get me to Silver without upsetting my routine on Stars.

If you earn 1 SP in a day, you will get 10 bonus points, so you can be Silver in 9 days with only having to pay between .25-40c per day rake or tourney fees. If you achieve this early in the month, then you get it for the rest of this month + all the next month. I even won $60 getting my Silver status one month in MTTs I would not have normally played. :f_biggrin:

Another option is to be active on our hand evaluation boards. You can earn status upgrades as detailed in this post.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards

Laz
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      I second what Lazza said.

I play mainly on non-tracked websites because I already had my accounts there for a while but I have others that I play if I want SPs, namely NetBet (PKR used to be my favorite but it's gone now :( ).
    • RayFluke
      RayFluke
      Bronze
      This i quite cool to read actually. Could you explain more on how to get a new status by reviewing the hands evaluations board, please ?

Playing on some websites you normally do not play that much on, with the bonus points you speak about is interesting =)
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If you end up in the top 3 of most active members in our hand discussion board you get these prizes:
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      Monthly ranking winners:
      1st place: $50 in your Tell-a-Friend account
      2nd place: Status upgrade + 2 for one month
      3rd place: Status upgrade + 1 for one month
      So if you start today you have a fresh start to reach you’re goal, but than you need to post at least 100 posts every month to have a good change of winning a prize based on earlier rankings.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Sorry to hear that you feel that way. Have you thought about another room strictly for tracking purposes? I play mainly on my untracked Stars account so when I wanted to view Silver+ content, I would use the 10 for 1 points promotion to easily get me to Silver without upsetting my routine on Stars.
      Sorry, but I'm not willing to start another room just for strategyPoints, or at least not willing to play for sp just in that new room. I play more than enough on my existing accounts on 888 and stars. PS should make it possible to track already existing accounts as multiple accounts are not allowed. I know it doesn't fit well into the business model, but there's no possibility for me to register on those sites again and it sucks that players that actually play more might get rewarded less than players that happened to not already have an account when they found pokerstrategy. At least that's how I feel.

Gl in your games,
      gen
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey generals007,

Unfortunately that is impossible. We don't data-mine. The only way we can find out a user's activity at a particular room is for the poker room to tell us. Because of theirs (and our) privacy rules, neither of us can share your details without your express permission which is given during the signup process.

We would have no way of knowing how much you are playing or if you are playing at all.

Regards

Laz
    • RayFluke
      RayFluke
      Bronze
      Sweet,, thanks a lot for all those informations SDK1987 :f_thumbsup:
    • svonja
      svonja
      Bronze
      Greetings from Serbia and welcome. Good luck at the tables!
    • Post removed

• klauber
      klauber
      Bronze
      yes but is no easy
    • 4s4s4s
      4s4s4s
      Bronze
      Ya. I need to track my PS account on here too.