This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Skrill hacked

• DannyD1991
      DannyD1991
      Basic
      Hey all,

I just found this forum after a little research about people who got hacked on their skrill account.

I do not play poker, my business is sports betting and on Wednesday night (00:51h) my skrill account got hacked for the first time. They ripped me 500€. Unfortunately I had no time to check my mails until Wednesday evening so I was not able to escalate this topic earlier to skrill.

While I was watching tv on Wednesday afternoon, I got 2 mail pushups on my mobile which told me that I send some money. I couldn’t believe that.
      Someone stole me another 400€ and 32mins later another 381€. So all in all I am missing 1301€.

The 3 transactions have been send to 3 different yahoo.com accounts.
      500€ 17.06.2015 00:51
      420€ 17.06.2015 20:48
      381€ 17.06.2015 21:20

I took the last money on my acc and send it to a person I trust in, then I changed my password and wrote an email to skrill because they had no hotline at this time.

The next day (I’m from Germany) I called Skrill at 11 o clock German time and explained my topic. Some minutes later I received an email with some things to do. Change password, email, send identity conformation etc.

As well I send them a document where I named the transaction codes and some other details about the security of my computer. I’m very accurate with my personal data, change pw's nearly every 3 months, my computer is secure etc.

From 11 o’clock to 13 o’clock skrill and I had a good correspondence- after 13 I did not hear anything from skrill. Today, again at around 11 oclock (19.06.201) I called skrill Germany again.

The hotline guy said something like "mhh no one worked on this.." .."I will send you an email".

Okay, some minutes later I got an email where he told me skrill will deliver me an "answer" within 24 hours...again some minutes left I got the last transaction (381€ 17.06.2015 21:20) back on my account. Further was written that the two other transactions are lost.

Unlucky for me, I’m upset about the time from Wednesday 13:00 until today around 12:00 because after my second call skrill was very fast. Now I’m thinking about what would have happened if they would have been so fast yesterday....

All in all I lost 920€, huge amount for me, I have to pay my vacation and therefore I "saved" my money on skrill.

Skrill told me that I should go the police, what I will do today or let’s say, what I already did. In Germany we can do the first step by mail, now I wait for the response of my police department.

But to be honest, I don’t have any hope to get my money back..
  • 3 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Do you use Skrill security token?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DannyD1991
      I just found this forum after a little research about people who got hacked on their skrill account.
      Hi, DannyD1991,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com.

So sorry to hear about this.

I hope that you will get your money back eventually.

Just on the off chance that it was your computer that was compromised, and not theirs, I suggest that you ensure that you've done (at least) the following:

:diamond: Use strong passwords, and if practical use a password keeper, rather than let apps or browsers auto-log-in especially where money is involved.
      :diamond:   Keep your security patches up to date -- especially on android devices.
      :diamond:   Install anti-malware -- not just anti-virus, but one that eliminates tracking cookies and spyware.
      :diamond:   Use a firewall, and set it so you must verify each out-going connection the first time it's used -- if you trust it, allow it always. This way, almost no malware can gain access outside your computer without your knowledge.
      :diamond:   Keep backups of all your data, and refresh them regularly.
      :diamond:   Never give anyone your password, nor allow anyone to use your machine while you yourself are logged in even if you do not give them the password.
      :diamond:   Never open unsolicited email, nor follow links in emails without first ensuring their validity
      :diamond:   Encrypt sensitive data

That's not a complete list, but it's good to get started with.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • DannyD1991
      DannyD1991
      Basic
      No not yet because until Thursday Morning I havent known about "token"
      Im not a VIP Member because I do not use Skrill often enough, I have money on my Bookies and another part @ skrill (I had lol) but I dont send that much money to be a VIP.