bankroll challenge $50-5k

• churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze

Im starting this blog for bankroll challenge
      My starting bankroll is $50 Goal - $5000

I will play on Pokerstarts zoom tables
      I don’t expect to play above NL 0.25 during this challenge and this is my second time that start this challenge. Last time I went busted
      How long would it take me to reach $5000 goal and how realistic that is?

let’s assume that I’m a good player ( which I’m not) but let’s assume I managed to have 8bb/100 or 80BB/1000 hands ratio all the time (which is pretty good ratio) Let’s assume I can manage to play 8 thousands hands on zoom per day (which again is huge numbers) that means what 640bb per day ratio?

so to move from NL 0.02 to NL 0.05 I will need $50/0.02 = 2500 BB that 4 days
      to move from NL 0.05 to NL 0.10 I will need $100/0.05 =2000 BB that’s 3 days
      to move from NL0.10 to NL0.25 I will need $300/0.10 =3000 BB that’s 5 days
      when Im In NL 0.25 I will need to make $4500 till I reach the goal or 18 000 BB or 28 days

So best case scenario I could reach goal after 40 working days

But now some realistic perspective - poker is generally volatile market and you can have roller coasters because of variety. Also these days a lot of people know the theory and poker is very competitive.

Everyone is trapping you with sets, can read you well ect. ect. No secret that poker since his first days in texas, was the game to make money from fools (or these days - recreational players). There are less and less such players in online poker..

Then I have to count that while moving levels I will need to adjust my game and improve if I want to beat a new level. That will take practise and extra days studying and everything if Im lucky enough not be busted or moving back levels. Then I obviously won’t be able to play every single day and even when I will be able I don’t know

So in realistic perspective – best case scenario I would complete this goal before new year.

And that’s truly would great accomplishment. If you look to bankroll challenge, only few people completed it and none of them started with microstates (not that I know).

But maybe on better days I will be able to play even more than 8k hands and have better than 8/100 ratio, who knows. Best way is probably not to give limited time goals but it’s still good to have some perspectives on how long it can take me.

Playing style/ strategy – basically everything what is written in sircuddle’s “guide to beating the microstake” http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/complete-guide-beating-micros-430637/

basic rules:

-Find fat value against fish and bet strong.
      -You win because others are worse than you.
      -Don’t put yourself in marginal situations, avoid them.
      -Play strong pre flop hand selection.
      -Don’t slow play or get fancy.
      -Always consider your opponent and the type of player they are.
      -Treat unknowns like decent players until they prove otherwise.
      -They really aren’t playing back at you.
      -Fold more.
      -Don’t draw unless you have implied odds.
      I will update my strategy with the time with new materials that Ive learned, I have purchased some books and will write summaries in this blog

In last bankroll challenge I said that if I won’t succeed Ill quit poker. Im trying again only because I thought that I didn’t give my best, and I want to try again and play my A game and try to evaluate each move preflop, c-bet ect. Play more conservative than ever. But these time Im for real – if I fail this I will chose to block my poker and never play again.

Disclaimer
      : this blog shouldnt be viewed for educational purpose. I'm terrible player and never even beat NL0.02 limit
  • 15 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by churchilland
      Disclaimer: this blog shouldnt be viewed for educational purpose. I'm terrible player and never even beat NL0.02 limit
      Hi, churchilland,
      Let's hope that this challenge and blog help you improve!

Welcome to the BR Challenge!

Are you reading the strategy articles, studying the videos and attending coaching sessions? If not give it a go -- they're certainly the best way to improve.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      thanks, i have read every single article on strategy section long time ago, but honestly they are outdated and not suitable for current online poker. they still good to learn poker from nothing for home game, but nothing more. You should seriously update your strategy articles section ,especially considering that this is the main purpose if this site. The video section can help more and be more relative to on line poker but you should filter them cause now there are too many and complicates search, also many outdated.
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can consider not playing zoom and playing full ring.
      Full ring reduces "variance" and playing normal tables reduces "variance" also.
      Number of tables also is very important if you win or lose so check out your database and see how many tables you should play!

Good luck
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      First week report

hands: 14424
      Profit: +14.59

I started my challenge on Friday, so this is weekend report. Quite disappointed in my performance. Not many hands and qoute roller-coaster in profits. Started with minus $15 then come back and go to plus $15 then going down again, only to go up 15 again at the end.

Some things that I learned:
        not to play after midnight, during the night ( not worth anymore, i thought that night is gold miner but all the lost in my graph happen during the night. It's way more profitable during the fish hours when most fish player play (after 18 oclock)

Instead of having one big session to break them into many small session. Or in other words to ahve bigger breaks between each 1k hands, calms me down and allows to keep A game, game that I can easily lose if continue long sessions with small breaks.

So here to another week, Im aiming for 50k hands
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bonecore
      Hi,

You can consider not playing zoom and playing full ring.
      Full ring reduces "variance" and playing normal tables reduces "variance" also.
      Number of tables also is very important if you win or lose so check out your database and see how many tables you should play!

Good luck
      thanks, i suppose i had to mention that I play 6 hand zoom , i have played full ring before and actually mange to break to NL10, but then got busted. Now I want to learn 6 handed so continue to play and see. After playing zoom for long time is very hard to go back to normal tables, so slow, you get bored quick and cant focus, zone out.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      My new poker motto. Gonna make it in poster and hang near my computer
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      nice motto :truestory:

please don't forget to update here the weekly evolution for BR challenge :)

wish you a great day and good run at the tables ;)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by churchilland
      My new poker motto. Gonna make it in poster and hang near my computer
      Perhaps that explains why I never learned to swim :coolface:
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      last week (week2):
      hands: 25 000
      profit: - 12.09$
      bankroll: 52.50

basicly back to starting position

didnt play all this week (quite busy week) so hope to get some hands this weekend

plus started to read Gripsed.com http://www.gripsed.com/cash-guide/ Hope that will improve my game too.
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Week 3
      hands: 0
      profit: 0
      bankroll: $52.50
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Week 4
      hands: 0
      profit: 0
      bankroll: $52.50
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Week 5 (13-19)
      hands: 7064
      profit: -19.62
      bankroll: $32.88
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Week 6 (20-26)
      Hands: 11429
      Profit: -6.54
      bankroll: $26.34
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi churchilland,

Please don't forget to make the update until tomorrow and if anything else to share with us we are here to help you if is possible ;)
    • churchilland
      churchilland
      Bronze
      Sorry forgot to update because i got busted, my new bankroll challenge and blog - From $20 to $2000 Poker zoom