This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

High School is over, time for poker!

• Kokuruz
      Kokuruz
      Bronze
      Hi guys and girls, I have been around poker for about 10 months now mostly trying to learn but always failed to do some real genuine work in short I was goofing around for that period of time.

So here I am, decided to start a blog because anything poker related that requires thinking should help.

I'm currently playing 10NL, but decided to start all over again when it comes to learning poker, because I don't want to miss any valuable info, so for start I chose mbml's Yolosaurus which I am like 1/2 through already, and I would recommend it to anyone who struggles at micros. Later I'm planning on going through Weazel's latest 2 courses, so I'm set for some time.
  • 2 replies
    • Kokuruz
      Kokuruz
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $14.84 (148.4 bb)
      BB: $6.43 (64.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $29.01 (290.1 bb)
      BTN: $15.20 (152 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J J
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 6 A 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.58, Hero calls $3.58

Results:
      $10.91 pot ($0.49 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A 7 4 Q
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$5.38 net)
      BTN showed Q A and won $10.42 ($5.04 net)

Villian unknown.

I have assigned him this range on the river and I have been a bit generous I think, because I don't expect to see Ax that often, actually almost never. So to me it felt like a pure bluff specially with that river bet size.

Range

Any thoughts on this one?
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      First of all I’m no cash game player, but I don’t think he will ever semi bluff on turn like this. I think it makes not to much sense to do that. So I would fold the turn already here, because he will do this to often with value hands I think.

Further I wish you all the best to beat the micro stakes on the short handed tables :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987