Coral poker Identity request -- Resolved statisfactorily

• liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      I know that this what i am writing sounds litttle harsh but listen what happened to me.
      First i decide to register to play poker through poker strategy and made my account to net bet but decided to deposit money to coral by my own because on all the poker forums around the world i read that net bet is somewhat slow about withdrawing money,so i deposited 38 dollars through skrill to coral poker.I played twister and cash games and in a day i had 108 dollars,70 cents.then i recieve mail that i need to send copy of my ID to verify my account.At first i was not very hapy about because option of sending copy of my ID through e-mail was not very appealing to me but i decided to contact their live support through chat and they explain to me that this is necesary because they cannot verify my identity without that.Then i ask them can i black out some important positions on my ID car like Personal identity number and identity card number and they said yes that for sure i need to black out that.I did what they ask and the next day they send me that they cannot accept my document because it is not complete copy.then i contacted live suport again and they said that i should send complete copy of my ID without blackening out personal identity number identity card number.That makes absolutely no sense to me because on the copy i send to them they see my picture,my birth date,my adress,date of issue and expiration date even my signature.Then after a long conversation,a conversation i did not get any reasonable explanation why they need that i ask them so if i send complete copy without blackening out you will verify my account(i di not have any intention to do that)they said they need the copy of my driver license.i said what???
      Long story short they said if i dont comply they will not let me withdraw my winnings and i said that i want they to close my account and give me back on skrill my innitial deposit.they said they will do that.that was happen today.And still on my skrill account there is no my innitial deposit and of course my winings will not be for sure.now i am writing all this because of their asking that i do not black out some very sensitive number like personal identity number,identity card number and there was a few numbers behind ithat look like random numbers that i also black out and that numbers on the id card in croatia use as a police codes and i know that because my father is a police inspector and poker site asks not blackout numbers that only police can have acces to.they also want to see my personal identity number and identity card number.that only brings me to believe that they are tryng to steal my identity also because with the things i send to them they can confirm everything they need.to ask to see other things and witholding money is criminal act.And still as long as i writing this long text my innitial deposit is not on my account.I AKING YOU CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO RETRIEVE MY INNITIAL DEPOSIT AND MY WINNINGS.My coral poker user name is Charmed123.
      I am sory for the long text but i had to explain the whole situation.
  • 26 replies
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      I am sory for my misspeling of many words but in the time of writing i was very furious(still am)for the manner coral poker treated me.
    • Post removed

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, liquid123,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I'm sorry to greet you under such unpleasant circumstances, but the unfortunate truth is that you need to send their support team the documentation that they require.

All poker rooms will require this at some point.
      Most will permit initial deposits without an ID check, but no poker room that I know of will permit withdrawals without documentation.

Some poker rooms conduct random checks as well. I recently had my own account locked by William Hill.

Some helpful ideas to make the experience a little less harsh:
      :diamond:   work with the customer support rep in a friendly professional manner. The person you deal with is the gateway to your money. You want him or her to be on your side.
      :diamond:   make high-quality scans of your documents. If you don't have a decent scanner yourself, most office-supply stores will create them for you at a reasonable cost. If possible, have them watermark the copies "duplicate", "copy" or similar so that they cannot be used for ID. Keep copies for yourself. You will need them again if you play poker on different sites.

Please be assured that all poker rooms conduct Identity checks.

I hope that helped...
      VS
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      First i have to say thank you for your answer but like i said before i send them documents and i verified my ID and do everything they said to me at first.And i read forums around world and people also say that every poker room eventually asks for documents but ofcourse they allow to blackout personal identity number and identity card number because they are not allowed to see that it is nothing of their concern.they only need to verify that you are real person your age ,your adreess etc...
      Further investigating on the forums i came to revelation that those smaller sites on the ipoker usually do this kind of scenarios so they not pay their winnings and usually do that with smaller winnings because you cannot complain and people eventually give up tryng to get their money.Again i said thank you for your answer but there is nothing to say to justify their action because what they did was plain theft and when theyinsist me not to black out case sensitive numbers you could say it was attempt to steal my identity...
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Serious question - have you thought about seeing a professional re: a paranoid schizophrenia diagnosis?
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      You probaby dont have brain and you did no read all i wrote [edited by NutzAreOk].We live in post black friday era and you writing me about paranoid schizophrenia aftter poker site stole my money and againts every rule ask me not to black out some case sensitive numbers that they should not have to see in any way possible..I really do not know to say to somebody so stupid like you i really dont.If you dont want to help or say something constructive to solve my problem please dont write and express frustration in your daily life because i dont know(you have small penis,you cannot get any woman)and oofending people for nothing...just shut up and dont talk to me...
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Lets keep it clean from now on guys.

e. I also removed this thread to Coral Poker board since it fits better here.
    • nguyengiapvn
      nguyengiapvn
      Bronze
      A big poker site will not steal your person ID. Do you think what they can do with it ? Open fake bank account to clean the black money ? Using your ID to be a spy ?
      Just send them your ID and ask they deleted it after verify. Your money is on their bank don't try the hard play you can't win.
      If you can't trust them why you play it in the beginning ? Good luck
    • Fr0z3nByt3
      Fr0z3nByt3
      Bronze
      Dude, every person that has a poker account now sent their ID, so chill... they're not stealing anything, they're just checking that you're not underage/cheater, etc.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Hi Liquid
      :-)
      I had an affiliate of this site ask me for photos of my wallet card front and back (several times)
      ((Although they later clarified they want you to black out the key and ID number))

The issue is that you will have imagers of your id with keys via email and so is instantly a security risk for fraud/identity theft. The persons making the request (on 3 occasions) were at odds with the companies policy of not asking you not to black out.

In my case because I am somewhat "touched" I complied then immediately contacted my bank, and closed the account.
      Lols, I then asked to sent pics of both my closed account and my new one !!!!
      This was not to withdraw, simply to deposit more than 10Eu (compliance regulations)

Any way that particular site and my self are resolved happily now and I continue to play there.
      I am sure this is resolvable
      Regards Michael
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      Like i said i sent them my ID but with blacking out case sensitive numbers i left every important information that is of their concern untouched.Yes GoOnCal1 they ask also to send documents by e-mail so i send it but with blackening out and that was not smart move from me because sending your documents through e-mail totally unsafe because mail servers still use smpt protocols which is totally insecure.And nguyengiapvn coral poker is not big poker site.Big poker sites offers their clients the option to upload their documents through https and that is the only secure way to pass the documents to operator.Coral do not have that option and what is even worse they encourage their clients to send data through e-mail.
      And little update THEY GIVE ME BACK MY INNITIAL DEPOSIT of 38 usd BUT MY WINNINGS of 70 MORE ARE STILL STOLEN AND I BELIEVE THEY WILL STAY STOLEN.
      Anyway thank you all for tryng to help me really appreciated.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      So you established your ID then? and verified the deposit card?
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      No they give me back innitial deposit because i have right to it.that is what they say but i dont have right to my winnings because i did not verified my account(that is their story)because i verified it when i send my ID card.But instead of having 108 dollars again i have 38 dollars haha.So i will deposit that 38 to poker stars for me the only trusted poker site and play there but it will a lot harder to win there because there are a lot better players then on ipoker.But at least i have my innitial deposit it is not everything so black and i will be borring to coral chat suport about my winnings it cannot hurt,maybe they give me the money so they get me of their back hahah...
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by liquid123
      ...i verified it when i send my ID card...
      Up to you to continue to be stubborn, but you have not verified.
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      Hi liquid123,

I'm with GoOnCal on this one - if your account had been verified by now, Coral Poker would've returned the $70 in winnings as well. Just because you send your ID card doesn't necessarily mean your account instantly gets verified, unfortunately...

In this case I'd recommend staying in touch with Coral Poker support and most importantly work with them. If they ask you to send your documents again, just comply. You can also always ask them what information you can blank out.

As mentioned by Vorpal earlier, you want the customer service representative to be on your side, so while it's a good idea to keep in touch with them, make sure you do so in a friendly manner. They're the ones who will hopefully be able to help get your money returned eventually :)

Keep us posted!

Regards,
      Tino
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      they do not want me to blank out anything and that is against the law.period.IT is against the law to ask to see someone personal identity number and card identity number for poker site.they are not the police,they are poker site and first when i ask ask them is it okay to blank out personal identity number and identity card number they said sure blank out for your own security and when i send them they said i shouldnt blank out.this is the clear sign that they are messing with me...
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Try asking them in writing, explaining your issue, leaving out words like thieves
    • nvelev
      nvelev
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure you accepted their Terms and Conditions before signing in and depositing your money. Did you read them? I'm pretty sure they clearly state that they will perform verifications and what happens if you decline to send them the required information.

At this point you really have to options:
      1. Drop the case and move on. Like really... stop wasting your time and energy right now.
      2. Follow your part of the agreement you signed upon registration and eventually get your money if there is nothing wrong with your account.

I highly recommend the second option. Good luck!
    • liquid123
      liquid123
      Bronze
      I have to admit i will chose option number 1 because sending through e-mail my ID without blackening out case sensitive numbers is not really an option for me.It was hard enough to send them with blackening out but i send them because i wanted my money but they were always changing their story.If they would have have the option to upload documents throguh secure https connection i would even send them without blackening out but through e-mail is not an option for me.
      But it is not all so black i deposited my innitial deposit of 38 dollars on pokerstars and now have 91 dollars by playing spin and go tournaments so i am definetly stop wasting my energy on coral now.
      I would like to thank you guys for all the help and sorry for my bad english...