[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK 3way with 2OC + GS Flop

• allizdoR
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      

5,00/10,00 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , A:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $35,00, CO calls $35,00, 2 folds, BB calls $25,00.

BB 20/11/2.2/21/1.5k
        CO 23/12/2.8/28/1.1k

Flop: ($110,00) 3:spade: , 5:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $70,00, CO raises to $150,00, BB folds, Hero calls $80,00.

push, check or c/r?
        push: I think a Bet is nonthless because I am committed, so I push. But only better Hands will call me. No pocket will fold, sometimes a good Ax will call, so I need a lot of FE to make this play profitable.
        check: I dislike it because my Hand looks so strong and I will not have an easy decision when CO is betting regardingless what BB will do next.
        c/r: I think with a c/r my FE is very low on this Board against made Hands. And against any steal from CO I am ahead.

I think I have to decide between push or check/call with donking the Turn.

Turn: ($410,00) Q:heart:
      River: ($410,00) 4:spade:

Final Pot: $410,00
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Hello Allizdor,

Your thread title is a little bit misleading since you play Nl1k :tongue:

I think that I won't go for the c/r since you want to be all-in based on two cards with 2 OCs + Gutshot .

So I think both as you played now or a Push is Fine and +EV.
      I prefer a push to represent an Overpair, betting 50% of your stack isn't really a move that says ''Hey pal, I got AA/KK''

Can you count twelve outs? I only can count 10 at most.

- Gerv
    • allizdoR
      12 outs are nearly the nuts, I just said. Now I know, why this Hand doesn't looks so strong as I expected because I have just 10 Outs ;)
    • ysessa
      I would definitely not bet, really not a single better hand will fold and you commit yourself. I would check see what co and bu do, a free card does not harm you and when co bets and bu raises you can also consider a fold. I think you should definitely check to induce bluffs and increase your equity. Btw look at some stats from Co: Steal limp pot and Bet against missed Conti it should show his bluffing frequency.