[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Kk

• Fongie
      Tilt? I think I misjudged this hand actually.

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      9 players

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $69.75
      UTG+1: $9.75
      MP1: $53.75
      MP2: $84.55
      MP3: $8.95
      CO: $9
      Button: $65.05
      SB: $36.60
      Hero: $9.75

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with K K
      UTG calls, 6 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $4, UTG folds, SB calls.

Flop: T J A ($8.5, 2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero raises all-in $5.75, SB calls.

Turn: Q ($20, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $20)

River: 6 ($20, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $20)

Final pot: $20

Villain is unknown

Right, so I was under some stress while multitabling here and thought "6 outs for K or Q if he has an ace" and shoved it, but I forgot that the K outs are dead to AQ and KQ already has the straight, and AK also hits a straight with the Q, all of which are possible hands here.

My needed equity is = Flopshove : Total pot = 5.75 : 20 =~0.288 = 28,8%

If I give him a pretty tight range of doing this here (donking flop and calling shove): AT+, KQ I have a measly 17,9% equity.

If I add some pair+gutshots (he looked like a donk afterall) AT+, KJ+, QJ+ I have 36% equity but this isn't very realistic... basically it's a clear fold. Right? :o
  • 4 replies
    • allizdoR

I think he can have a very wide range. He could also blockbet with a FD or a small Pair +GS or + FD like J9 :diamond:

His minraise could be only to holdings Preflop. Monster with AA or something weak. I think he has most of the time not a strong Hand.
      Against hands like AK or AQ you are behind but I think he will raise this holdings prelfop a bit more. Also with AA he could 4-bet you because you wouldn't fold after your 4$ bet.

So I will push this Flop. I think I am often ahead. Sometimes behind against a weak ace and somtetimes nearly dead against AA, AK, AQ. But I will also get some information for a nice note.
    • Gerv
      Hello Fongie,

I think you often a Gutshot only and with an Ace high board , I see KK as dead meat. I tend to fold here post-flop because what can you beat actually? you have to discount the Q actually for the flush possibility.

Nearly no outs, no hand makes me a happy fold'er but I like to have some second opinions on this one.

An interesting hand Fongie,
      Gerv ;)
    • IngolPoker
      Why 4$ preflop?

Raise 3x his raise and fold the flop...

I dont think its necessary to be concerned about the limper when determining your raise size here, because your raise is huge anyways.
    • Fongie
      Alright thanks everyone, I was pretty sure this hand was misplayed anyway.. but wanted to hear it :)

About the 4x raise... thanks, you fixed another leak :P Actually I've been told somewhere by someone to raise 4x when out of position, and actually here I wasnt even out of position so it's even worse :rolleyes: