SERIOUS INSULT!!

• pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      hi can somebody please tell me where i can make a complain because of a serious insult in 888 poker table.. i never said that to somebody at a table and never will say.. very ugly word in Portuguese language .. the guy call me (FILHO DA PUTA) for those who understand Portuguese know that is it very ugly to say that to somebody in any situation.. this word means that you are the son of a whore!!!! :f_mad: :f_mad: :f_mad: :f_mad:

i did copy the text and did take a print screen

Dealer >> (Hand# 704460495) Dragonforc16 won $855 with A Pair of Queens
      Dragonforc16 >> 5 4 SEU FILHO DA PUTA
      Dealer >> (Hand# 704460565) Dragonforc16 won $435
      Dealer >> (Hand# 704460588) madMUPPET77 won $435

i want too know where i can make a complain. please help!!!
      THIS GUY MUST BE BANNED.. THIS ARE THE RULES!!

• 25 replies
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      You can just turn the chat off !

19. Chat Feature

As part of your use of the Service the Company may provide you with a chat facility via which you will be able to communicate with other users of the Service. The Company reserves the right to review the chat and to keep a record of all statements made on such facility. Your use of the chat facility you is subject to the following rules:
      ##You shall not make any statements that are sexually explicit or grossly offensive, including expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred or profanity.
      ##You shall not make statements that are abusive, defamatory or harassing or insulting to other users of the Service.
      ##You shall not make statements that advertise, promote or otherwise relate to any other online entities.
      ##You shall not make statements about the Company or the Sites or any other Internet site connected to the Company that are untrue and/or malicious and/or damaging to the Company.
      ##We are fully aware that English is not the first language of many of our players worldwide. However, at this current time, our policy upholds that this is the only language permitted in our chat application.

In the event of your breaching any of the above provisions relating to the chat facility, the Company shall have the right to remove your chat privilege or even temporarily or permanently terminate your account. Upon such termination the Company shall refund to you any funds which may be in your account over and above any amount which may be owing to the Company at such time (if any).
      PLEASE NOTE: When using the chat facility any personally identifiable information that you submit, can be read, collected, or used by other users of the same chat facility and could be used by third parties to send you unsolicited messages. The Company is not and shall not be responsible for the personally identifiable information that you choose to submit via the chat facility.

• badgerer
      badgerer
      Gold
      you have to harden up friend, its utterly ridiculous that you are this mad about being insulted on the internet.

as far as chat box abuse goes that isnt even that bad imo, i have been threatened with a violent death more times than i can remember and get cancer wished upon me nearly on a daily basis.

part of me actually enjoys watching someone try so hard to upset me but then i start to feel a bit sorry for them, its no way to live your life getting so angry over nothing, they cant be happy people.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      What's the Portuguese for "grow a pair"?
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      If you wish to make a complaint you can send all the evidence to support@888poker.com and they will investigate it for you.
      Make sure to add your real poker user name.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerman911985

Note also that player pokerman9119 is breaking the English only" rule in this image
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, pokerman911985,
      As GoOnCal1 points out, you can disable chat completely, and most rooms allow you to block individual players.

For myself personally, I always leave chat enabled. Poker is a game of limited information.
      If someone does call me a son of a whore it is likely that they are on tilt, and I can exploit that extra information.

Getting angry at player chat is a mental game problem. In "The Mental Game of Poker" Jared Tendler advises that we should create a logic statement that we can use to bring ourselves back in control when something upsets us. I never care if people call me names at the poker table, because when I was 9 or 10 I would tell myself something like this when people called me names.
      If a person says something offensive, that tells me a lot about him. It says nothing about me.

If he chooses to be offensive, he is an asshole (or worse). If I choose to be offended -- he wins. He is still an asshole, but now he is laughing at me as well.

If I choose NOT to be offended, then I win, and he is still an asshole.
      Something similar might work for you. If you play poker online, this WILL happen again. It is possible that he chose to call you that because he knew you were Portugese, and knew that it would upset you.

Like everything else about online poker, handling abuse is a skill to be learned.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GoOnCal1
      Originally posted by pokerman911985

Note also that player pokerman9119 is breaking the English only" rule in this image

really!!! lol.. do you know what i did say to him??? i will tell you.. i said " do you want that i make a complain and then you will banned" lol my only mistake was to write in Portuguese on the Chat.. lol .. he said that my mother is a bitch.. no problem.. but i write a simply answer in Portuguese.. great problem.. lol.. what a joke!!
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badgerer
      you have to harden up friend, its utterly ridiculous that you are this mad about being insulted on the internet.

as far as chat box abuse goes that isnt even that bad imo, i have been threatened with a violent death more times than i can remember and get cancer wished upon me nearly on a daily basis.

part of me actually enjoys watching someone try so hard to upset me but then i start to feel a bit sorry for them, its no way to live your life getting so angry over nothing, they cant be happy people.

i understand and i know your right! but for you its utterly ridiculous but for me not and each person have the right to react as they want to the situation.. he did offend me i am not!!! if he said fuck you,donk,etc.. no problem but this word in the Portuguese culture is very serious when you said this to somebody!! for me be insulted with this word on the internet or in the life is the same!!! if you don´t share this opinion, no problem i respect but you must respect my opinion too.. really sorry to know about your cancer!!!. hope that you overtake this!! GOOD LUCK MATE!!
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 888Rep
      If you wish to make a complaint you can send all the evidence to support@888poker.com and they will investigate it for you.
      Make sure to add your real poker user name.

thanks a lot for the answer.. i will send the complain to your support.. some insults is too much even when its on the internet.. :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, pokerman911985,
      As GoOnCal1 points out, you can disable chat completely, and most rooms allow you to block individual players.

For myself personally, I always leave chat enabled. Poker is a game of limited information.
      If someone does call me a son of a whore it is likely that they are on tilt, and I can exploit that extra information.

Getting angry at player chat is a mental game problem. In "The Mental Game of Poker" Jared Tendler advises that we should create a logic statement that we can use to bring ourselves back in control when something upsets us. I never care if people call me names at the poker table, because when I was 9 or 10 I would tell myself something like this when people called me names.
      If a person says something offensive, that tells me a lot about him. It says nothing about me.

If he chooses to be offensive, he is an asshole (or worse). If I choose to be offended -- he wins. He is still an asshole, but now he is laughing at me as well.

If I choose NOT to be offended, then I win, and he is still an asshole.
      Something similar might work for you. If you play poker online, this WILL happen again. It is possible that he chose to call you that because he knew you were Portugese, and knew that it would upset you.

Like everything else about online poker, handling abuse is a skill to be learned.

Best of luck,
      VS

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR WORDS!! you are the second that come to my thread and give me a good answer to my question and not a criticize with no answer or help!! I always block players if he begins to insult me... but this time i didn´t have the time to block and i really hate this word!!! i am a person that respects all and in 95% of the cases i ignore this situation!!
      i am usually calm but some things get me on fire.. you can say its the Latin blood.. :f_biggrin: this time i don´t forgive this!! for me you are a great poker player and human.. all your tips are great.. thanks a lot.. i have this book and will read it.. i am beginner and don´t have your experience or patience, but i will try to improve this..GOOD LUCK FOR YOU :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • CrazedTulip
      CrazedTulip
      Bronze
      hating a word is really really sad, I am very sorry for you.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by CrazedTulip
      hating a word is really really sad, I am very sorry for you.
      Hi, CrazedTulip,
      In a perfect world, no word by itself could have any power.
      People can be offended only if they choose to let themselves be offended.

Some words we used for centuries to express hatred of a race. People of the target races find that hearing or seeing those words triggers the same reaction that would occur even if there was no hate intended.

Cultural difference come into play as well. Even within the English language certain words are offensive in some areas, but not in others. In Canada, where I live "cunt" is extremely offensive, "fanny" is a child's term for a person's behind. In England, apparently, "cunt" is not as offensive as "fanny". Or so I've been told.

In a place like PokerStrategy.com where people from all over the world come together to discuss topics of common interest, it is important that we try to avoid annoying each other.

Have you read our forum principles? If not, please look them over -- the idea is to enable an adult-level dialogue. It means sometimes choosing not to be offended when someone uses a word or expression that would otherwise not be tolerated, while at the same times trying to avoid terms that may offend others.

I agree that no word should -- in itself -- offend anyone.
      They do, though, so we need to adapt.

Peace,
      VS
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Hi VorpalF2F, thanks a lot for your reply.. great words as always!!! I really hate that word and in the Portuguese culture its very offensive! but i take your advice and when someone begins to offend me i block the chat for him instantly to avoid to be offend. for example, i yesterday was playing on a table and a girl did 3-bet on me when i was low stack.. lol i push with all in and win.. and the end she sad to me "I hope you will get cancer!"" .. really!?.. lol i only block this girl and put a lol on the chat.. and the mean time a other player on the table did answer to here with other offense to defend me in this case.. i did say thanks to him but i say him too, that no need for this because i have pity for this girl. . i am slowly improve my reactions to this situations...my goal now is to get the platinum status on pokerstrategy.. this is important,nothing else!!! thanks a lot for those who help!!!! good luck.. :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Cultural difference come into play as well. Even within the English language certain words are offensive in some areas, but not in others. In Canada, where I live "cunt" is extremely offensive, "fanny" is a child's term for a person's behind. In England, apparently, "cunt" is not as offensive as "fanny". Or so I've been told.
      Whoever told you that was being a cunt. Or a fanny.
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Haha, I probably get insulted 2-3 times a day every day. Its pretty much part of the game Lol.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      Whoever told you that was being a cunt. Or a fanny.
      Yeah, it was a lame example, but the only one I could think of at the time.

Had I taken the time to google culturally offensive words I could perhaps have found some better examples.

Cheers,
      VS
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      The point's somewhat valid (I just wanted to make that fanny joke). Cunt would be much less offensive on this side of the Atlantic, though still an insult. I think we're just cooler with swearing overall.

Unless you're in Portugal, apparently...
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      The point's somewhat valid (I just wanted to make that fanny joke). Cunt would be much less offensive on this side of the Atlantic, though still an insult. I think we're just cooler with swearing overall.

Unless you're in Portugal, apparently...

hi.. this post is my and i understand that you comment it.. no problem.. :f_drink: but for me this problem is solved!!! said this.. you are writing to VorpalF2F not to me in this situation. then is no need to get me in this conversation again.. here in Portugal SON OF WHORE is a very offensive word!!! respect my culture and my opinion.. i respect yours!! for me its the final reply to this post.. bye and good luck for all.. :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Are you still here?