Ipoker rakeback question

• kingreigns
      kingreigns
      Bronze
      I have two deals.
      1: 35% WC RB + bonus but the bonus has expireed so just get 35% WC
      2: 60% RB of the new method (RPV)

Which should i stick with? I have been told that 60% RPV is the same as 35% WC but is it really??
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi kingreigns,
      Does this apply to a particular iPoker room?

If so, I can move it to the forum for that room where some one might know.

Regards,
      VS
    • kingreigns
      kingreigns
      Bronze
      See its two different ipoker rooms so i didnt know where to post this. The rooms are Betfair and Gala
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Sorry, I don't know the answer.
      I'll alert the other mods who might know...
      VS
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      JoeNote gave a detailed explanation of how RPV works when the news first came out.

I think what those who you were talking to meant is that 35% WC ~ 60% RPV on average if observed across the player base of a typical rakeback affiliate that is a mixture of mostly winning but also breakeven and marginally losing players and even a few recreationals. (Of course, if we aggregate WC and RPV for the entire player pool of the network, they'll both add up to the same value - the total table rake and tourney fees taken - but that's because skins are given more RPV for their recreational massive losers than their WCR.)

If you're a steady winner, then your RPV is not much more than half of your WC in the long run, thus 60% RPV ~ 30% WC for you.

However, if you're a marginal loser, e.g. play at a ton of tables in order to profit solely from RB, then 60% RPV might exceed 35% WC for you. It can also happen if you hit a downswing right after creating a new account, but after you pass your low point and start winning, your further RPV will go down to 1/2 of WCR.

For MTTs, however, RPV = tourney fees by definition, thus MTT regs are not 'punished' by the new system at all.

Another poker format that gets preferential treatment is Twister. As explained by JoeNote, the SBR system treats it as a €0.67+€0.07 non-jackpot 3-player tournament, ignoring the jackpot component of the BI. Thus it's possible to be winning pre-rakeback but be generating SBR nevertheless (and RPV > 1/2 * fee), which happens if the ITM is below 36.8% (=€0.74/(3*€0.67)) but above 35.8% (=€1/(3*€0.93)). That's because the system is blind to the fact that you win the jackpot component more often than recreationals.