Min raising low stakes MTT's late on

• slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Silver
      I've been playing a lot of MTT's 1, 2, 3 & 5€ buyins on 888.es recently and there are lots and lots of weak players, still open limping at the final table with 10BB or less, not knowing what cards to shove and what to call a shove with etc etc that kind of thing

I'm wondering if min raising in the late stages of these type of MTT's, particularly from the button, is profitable as I always seem to get called. I am going to try 3X'ing to see if that gets more folds or not.

Do other people have experience of this and any recomendations?
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      If the blinds defending a lot it’s indeed a good idea to raise a little bit more like 2,5x.
      Off course than it’s also better to steal a little bit less and play more value poker in those MTT’s with so many bad players in it.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Silver
      You've pretty much said exactly what I was beginning to think after yesterdays session, the hard part is finding the right balance, sometimes the players are so bad they are good because they are so unpredictable
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      If loose players from blinds call 2x open, they call 2,5x open too. Correct thing to do is tight up LP opening range.

You can consider opening bigger with like JJ+.